Has anyone seen any way or any software that would allow the BB to act ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

wperry1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question EDGE to WiFi Router/Hotspot

Advertisement

Has anyone seen any way or any software that would allow the BB to act as a router between the EDGE network and the WiFi adapter. It would be like having a WiFi Hotspot wherever you go!

WP

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    correct me if i am misinterpreting, but you want a portable router for a cell phone ???

the only thing i know close to what you are talking about is [FONT=arial]tethered modems, this is for computers only ...

honestly i dont really understand the reason for the question lol ... but that is not possible ...
    [/FONT]

wperry1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Basically I am looking for the ability to do a "tethered" connection without a WiFi tether and so that my wife and I could get online at the same time. We aren't doing anything real data intensive (E-mail/web browsing). Essentially what I want to do is pictured below...

{EDGE NETWORK}---{Blackberry}---{WiFi}---{Laptop 1}
    .................................................. .............^-----{Laptop 2}

I'm pretty sure there is nothing out there that could do this now but maybe I'll spark some creative Java programmer's interest and they'll write something.
    Last edited by wperry1; 08-13-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Formatting of diagram

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    So, what you want to do is basically share your blackberry internet connection and use your WiFi in your blackberry to give out internet to other computers / mobile phones internet access , correct? I don't think that is possible , or at least I don't know of a way to do that, sorry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    We don't get access to the API's necessary to make something like that. You can however tether one laptop to the BlackBerry and then "Buddy breathe" using wifi in between the two laptops