I do not know if this has been discussed or not but I have not ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

hsh750 no está en línea Stack level 2

E-mail notifications

Advertisement

I do not know if this has been discussed or not but I have not found this issue anywhere as of yet. But I have the 8800 and I am on BES, I have e-mails coming in from my buisness and I also have e-mails from my 3 personal accounts coming in. Everytime I open one of the accounts on my home computer to answer or send mail, I receive on the blackberry and my home system (using outlook) an e-mail from network@etp1002.etp.na.blackberry.net with the subject being Rim_-----------something or another and the emailreads This message is used to carry data between the handheld and the associated server. Please do not delete move or respond to this message it will be processed by the server.

It does not bother me for one to show up occasionally but I am getting them like every hour or so even if I am not on my computer at home..and all hours of the night.... You know I mean if I do not delete them or move them ----gees My mail box can only hold so much.....

Is there something in my mail settings that I can adjust to stop these emails.....I am getting all of my e-mails that I am suppose to get so everything is working fine, just tired of seeing the rim e-mails over and over it is like 20- 30 a day.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: E-mail notifications

I know that I received this message occasionally when I got my first BB, but none since. I'm on BIS, and this "problem" just went away...

Not sure if it will go away for you so another BES Stacker may be able to provide better insight for ya!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Sounds like something is messed up with your setup

Are you getting business email at home? Did you install Desktop Manager at home and if so, what options did you choose during the install? You really shouldn't even see these email messages.

I do not get buisness e-mail at home. And yes I installed the desktop Manager at home and my office.

These messages are only coming to my blackberry and to my home computer or outlook. I am not sure what options at installation you are referring to. And I slept a few times since I did it so you know????

I just got the 19th message for the day since 6:00am this morning. The last 3 came with in about 30 min. Is anyone else getting the same messages? It is knda getting on my nerves as I have enough e-mail to deal with as it is with out haveing to deal with these....I started deleting them because they are eating up memory.

Anyone have a suggestion here????

These messages are only coming into one of my e-mail address........???????

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Those messages are only produced if you are running Redirector through your DM. Try turning that off on your home pc.

Ok I can see that, but what if my home computer that I have the DM on is a laptop and the lap top is powered off? I had the laptop off all night, and I got 15 e-mails during the night and 12 of the 15 were the RIM e-mails??????? They are now coming like 2 or 3 at a time and sometimes I will get 2 at the same time and then 3 or 4 min. later get one more........

I have the redirector set to boot up with the computer each time it is powered on-----same as my office computer---which is my BES. My office computer stays on 24/7.....

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i have the same problem at work. My home PC doesnt get those messages, but my Outlook at work does. I've reinstalled DM it still comes through. I just deal with it at this point
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....