I just notice some dust particles under my 3 month old 8800, even tough I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

cynamicny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F282DC

Dust under screen

Advertisement

I just notice some dust particles under my 3 month old 8800, even tough I always try to take the best care of my phone. What is the best and easiest way to get the dust out of there and keep it out?

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dust under screen

just noticed i have the same issue, looks like their two layers and its in between the two. any help would be appreciated!

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Here is a short video of what you can do. It will void your warranty though: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iiIl19G74C0

All you need is a Torx driver with different sized bits (MUST have a T5 size bit), a small flat-head screwdriver, a Driver License or old credit card, and a microfiber cloth.

Turn handset off, pull battery, pop off the bottom retaining bracket with the screwdriver (the piece that has the service provider's logo, at the bottom) by starting at the back, prying it off, the moving to the front and popping it completely off.

Then use the Torx T5 size driver and remove the 2 screws on the back of the phone (near the top of the phone). Use your plastic card and shove it into the side of the handset where the grip meets the face plate and twist as you do so to remove the face plate.

There you go! The LCD is exposed, you voided your warranty, and you clean it off with the microfiber cloth (don't try to use Q-Tips or paper towels, tissue or toilet paper since every little fiber gets stuck on the screen easily. You could also use a compressed air can.

I did it and it worked fine. No more annoying dust. Keep the T5 Torx since you will be cleaning it again in 3 months or less.

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

Might be a stupid question, but do any of the screen-savers work? I know they don't go up to/past the edge of the screen, but I wanted to ask. Thank you.

Eric

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Idiot View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but do any of the screen-savers work? I know they don't go up to/past the edge of the screen, but I wanted to ask. Thank you.

Eric
    Sorry screen savers don't work.