Just need a suggestion or two: I've downloaded 2 movie trailers (copied from itunes to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

very berry no está en línea Stack level 1

downloading dilemma

Advertisement

Just need a suggestion or two: I've downloaded 2 movie trailers (copied from itunes to my Blackberry "videos" folder). I'm able to hear audio perfectly, just no video. The screen is black. Is it because it is from itunes & not converted? But, then why would audio be loud and clear?

Secondly, I've tried downloading 2 min. video from my digital camera (Canon 5mp) without success. Don't tell me that the blackberry doesn't support that format too?

I am just in awe of all the features of the Blackberry 8800. The colors are so vivid.

cookie91398 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2082C541

Re: downloading dilemma

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the pearl, but if the formats are the same the vids have to be converted for the BB. There is a free prog called "SUPER" that will do the coversion. There is a link in the forums for the settings to work. I'm not home now but if you e-mail me I can give you the settings. nickp1168@yahoo.com

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

The best and easy to use converter is the one from seabyrd. Do a forum search.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Agree with Einherjer, the one from seabyrd is the best. There's a download link in The Original: video encoding for the 8100 thread. You might still have a problem with iTunes videos though, I haven't had any success with those to date.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

itunes videos are .mp4, the BB plays .mov. Any converter that can convert those will do the trick

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The BB supports several video formats and codecs. I'll have to dig a bit for the link outlining the options...

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

The best format is 3gp, with acc audio. That's how I encode everything, and haven't ever had a problem. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~