Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I lost my Desktop manager CD, so I downloaded another version from the BB website. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2

Downloaded wrong BB version? Apps gone!?

Advertisement

I lost my Desktop manager CD, so I downloaded another version from the BB website. When I sinked it with my 8800, every thing now looks different! Some of my old apps were gone! (Brickbreaker, Telenav, Notepad, and a couple of others.) My preloaded picture folder is gone, and the default fonts have changed. I just need to find a way to re-install the original version? Did I do something wrong? Anybody? Help!
    Last edited by HedBanger; 04-28-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If you upgraded like from 4.2 to 4.5, then yes some of your apps will be gone. Did you do a back up before installing the new OS?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

No. My old computer crashed, and I lost everything, so I had to buy a new one. I lost my original Desktop Manager CD, so I had to download a new version to my new computer. So I guess I just downloaded the new version (it is 4.5) and everything just looks different? What about my lost apps? Is there a way to re-install them?
    Thanks!
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm not sure, I've upgraded several 83xx series from 4.2 to 4.5, but I was never worried about the apps you lose when you do an upgrade. A device expert will chime in here soon. But I don't think you can "add" them to your 4.5. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    On you BB go to options/about and tell us what version OS you now have on your 8800. Sounds like you upgraded and if so the preloaded pictures are gone. Some of the apps might be recoverable by opening DM and going through app loader and re-installing them.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    If you can tell us what OS version you have downloaded, all you would need to do is download this OS to your PC and you can then run DM, App Loader and check the lost apps and you will have them back.

Sounds like your DM did an automatic upgrade.
    Go to Options>About and look for the OS version.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    ^5 Lava.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^5 back atcha cowboy

PIN/ID
    nada
    Dang-you guys (and gals) are good!

My options/about says V4.5.0110 (platform 2.7.90) When I open my open my application loader, the only thing in there is an email set up application.
    Last edited by HedBanger; 04-28-2009 at 10:16 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you download the .110 version and install it to your PC then going through the steps lava mentioned should allow you to re-add most if not all the apps. Check my blog if you need to find the correct OS to download to your PC.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    HedBanger.....is that the OS you had on your device prior to this incident? If not, then what Lava said is what happened (your device was upgraded to a newer OS).

You will find that OS here. You'll need to install it on your PC, then connect your device, launch DM and go into the Application Loader. Once there, as stated above, scroll down through the list of applications and check off the ones you're missing. Follow the steps and they'll be reinstalled onto your device.
    Last edited by RogerG; 04-28-2009 at 10:21 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If your profile is correct you can get the OS here.

Thanks for the help! It was the original version that came with the phone when I purchased it (AT&T) two years ago. I wouldn't know what version that was.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HedBanger View Post
    Thanks for the help! It was the original version that came with the phone when I purchased it (AT&T) two years ago. I wouldn't know what version that was.
    Yep, you've been upgraded! You got the official version from AT&T. When you installed the new DM, it checked for an OS upgrade from your carrier, found it and loaded it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast