Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey, this is my first post, too bad it's about a problem. I got my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BaRiMzI no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Dots on 8800 screen

Advertisement

Hey, this is my first post, too bad it's about a problem. I got my 8800 last Thursday. It works well and I love it, my first blackberry. Yesterday I was changing my wallpaper when I noticed these three little dots. The were a different color then the screen. I thought that they might be discolored pixels but after moving the screen around I got to thinking that they might be on the glossy part of the screen not the screen itself. I can tell this because when i tilt my blackberry the spots change color but do not stay on the same place. Does anyone know how i can get rid of these?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Dots on 8800 screen

Are they small scratches?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

I don't know if their scratches, they might be. I'm just not sure how they would have even gotten there. If the blackberry's not in my hand it's in the holster. I felt around where they are and I don't feel anything. It's just these three tiny little dots. It's not a huge problem but it's an annoyance, especially considering that I take good care of things I own and I've owned this for less then a week.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks BaRimzI. Try pulling out the battery and waiting 30 seconds before putting it back in. Probably won't work, but at least it'll eliminate it being a temporary glitch.

Okay, I tried that and it didn't work. Thanks for the help though. Do you know anything else I can try?
    Also, when the screen was off I was able to notice the dots so now I know that they are on the screen.

anyone have any idea?

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Seems like they're imperfections on the screen, but if they're not scratches, I don't know how they got there. You could try to go back to Cingular and tell them it's a problem with some screen pixels and see if they'll replace, but you'll have to be convinvcing and I don't know if they'll bite.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

That happend to me when I sneezed on my screen. The little colored dots were pretty. Pretty, pretty dots.... Man, what's in these brownies???
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

lol evilhomer, paperboy2007 i might try that. But like you said, I doubt it'll work. I'm just going to have to live with it. It's not huge but what can I say, little imperfections on a beautiful little device is annoying. I'm trying to just get it over it, if not I'll buy one of those scratch remover, I used one on my ipod, it worked but didn't last too long.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

There's been reports on some of the 8800 screens having dead pixels. Sounds like that's what's going on with yours. There is no "fixing" it other than swapping it for another unit. Sorry to say

thats good to know but I don't think its the case with mine, at least I hope not. When i turned it off I could see the little dots on the screens so they're scratches. If a dead pixel does come up, Holy....

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

In that case it sounds more like dust under the screen. Can you post a picture of the dots on the screen perhaps with a macroshot from your camera?

I tried to take a picture but it came out too bright, even with the flash off. Honestly I thought I could get over it but when I started playing brick breaker and checking my email it just got to pissing me off. I didn't make the scratch happen, I'm going to call Cingular. Oh, heres something I noticed today. I turned the screen off and I tilted the screen to take a look at the dot, it shined differently from the rest of the screen, if that makes sense. You might be onto something, it could be dust.

UPDATE: I called Cingular, they'll be shipping me a new one in a few days. I'll tell you guys about it after Spring Break, when I'm home to get it.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Definitely use a screen protector!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast