Hello all, 1st post as I have just been reading the wealth of information here ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

perdicea no está en línea Stack level 1

Disable beep when muting

Advertisement

Hello all, 1st post as I have just been reading the wealth of information here and finding several answers to questions except the one I have now. I currently own an 8800 and whenever I am on a conference call I normally put the phone on mute and unmute only when I am talking. The problem is when I mute and unmute I hear a beep on the phone and so does everyone else on the call. Is there a way to disable this beep so people will not know when I go in and out of mute?

Thanks,

Anton

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Disable beep when muting

Not that I can remember. However, when I use it no one else hear the beep but me. However, can you imaging pressing mute and thinking it's muted when it's not? I can think of a host of scenarios where that would be really a bad day haha.

Are you using a bluetooth headset?

Welcome to PinStack!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

There isn't a way to turn the sound off. I just ran a quick test with my 8300. The two beep sounds aren't heard on my other phone I called. The only think I hear on the other end when I push the button is a slight click, and maybe the very end tail of the un-mute sound. It's very slight, but the whole tone does not play through to the other side.

perdicea no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the info. I have tried it with a bluetooth headset and without. I'll try it with another phone as only one person asked me about it and it may have been another sound rather then me muting and un-muting.