Got a strange one. Blackberry 8830 on Verizon that has worked great since I got ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jrose1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Device Error Message

Advertisement

Got a strange one.

Blackberry 8830 on Verizon that has worked great since I got 4-5 months ago. Late yesterday I looked at it and it had a gray screen with a rectangular box with very small printing. I think the printing says “Device error 794 or something similiar”. There is small black box that is within the rectangular box and I believe it say “reset or restart”. I took out the battery and the phone rebooted fine and worked well last night with very strong signal strength. Some time during the night it went back to the gray screen with the rectangular box. No amount of battery removal will get the normal screen up. If the trackball is pressed or battery removed, the phone will reboot to the normal screen and then go immediately to the gray screen with the rectangular message box. I have not put any new software or updates on the phone in months.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm down in Puerto Rico working this week, so I don’t have a normal land line or Verizon store close by.

JR

jrose1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Device Error Message

Finely found a magnifying glass – Error Code 348

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: Device Error Message

you are going to have to reinstall the OS. hopefully you have pc access

/edit you will want to do a backup so you don't lose precious info
    Last edited by guyheavensent; 10-15-2007 at 10:28 AM.