A friend some how deleted the factory installed themes on my BB8800 and now I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kaycee666 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242C8EA4

Desperately Need Help

Advertisement

A friend some how deleted the factory installed themes on my
    BB8800 and now I have a white screen with stupid looking
    Icons. I can't load any other theme either. Someone
    Told me to wipe my phone but I hate to do that
    Cause I have spent a lot on games and software that
    I don't want to lose and I don't have a computer. Does anyoneknow how to fix this issue or know how I can reinstall the factory themes? Thanks in advance

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Back-up and wipe. Unless your DTM has your themes backed-up for you, then you should be able to re-load.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh, I had something similar happen once. And I did manage to fix it. You need those factory installed themes back because they act as a sort of default. Sit tight, let me do a little research.

And don't start from scratch yet. There is a last drastic solution, I promise. It's been almost a year and a half since I viewed that white screen with the archaic icons. It still makes me shudder.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    She doesn't have a computer to back up and restore from.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Welcome to Pinstack. Thanks for joining

Do you have a backup? If you don't, once you get past this difficulty, install Desktop Manager and take regular backups.

If you have saved the activation codes for the games - also a good practice - you should be able to install the OS and hopefully, re-download the games from the original vendor and reactivate. The "factory installed" themes should be in the software that you re-install if you install the same vendors OS.

Good luck. Post back and we'll try to get you through this thing.

Lastly, please update your profile with carrier, etc., so we'll know who you're dealing with.

UPDATE: I missed that there is no computer in the picture. Is there one somewhere that you can use? Who's your carrier? For a start, can you go to them for a reload of the original OS?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-20-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    242C8EA4
    No access to a computer at the moment. I just updated my profile. Added carrier and PIN. My brother has the same phone I do if that can help me in any way. Worst case, I do have some of my registration codes but not all so if I have to wipe my phone, atleast I will have some of them.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    If he has a computer and has the OS for it loaded on his PC, you can reinstall the OS to your BB.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't think that a wipe is needed. If your brother has the same BB and has a PC, plug in your BB and run the app loader in the desktop manager. If he has the OS loaded on the PC it should tell you there is an update for the BB and reinstall the missing themes and files.
    If he has a different carrier than you, then delete the vendor.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader and it should prompt for the same thing.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I was trying to find a thread with the default themes for your particular model. That is what I did for my 7290, as I did not have a copy of my OS or computer access. I lucked out: some kind Stacker had posted an OTA link. I'm still looking...

PIN/ID
    242C8EA4
    Got to a computer and did as suggested. My "addictive phone" is back to normal. Thanks all for the advice!