Hey guys, I searched these forums and I still cant get a solution to my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

zakmorrisbrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Desktop Manager with 8800..Help :(

Advertisement

Hey guys, I searched these forums and I still cant get a solution to my problem.

I was just wondering if anybody can help me out with a problem I am having. I am trying to load applications onto my 8800 via DM, can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong....

1.I installed DM that came with the 8800 onto my desktop.l Version 4.2.

2. I downloaded a file from another thread on this forum. Unzipped the files onto a folder on my desktop.

3. Connect the BB via USB.

4. Opened up Desktop Manager, click on Application Loader.

5. Then I click on Add... and locate the .alx file. Then click open...

6. Then I get this annoying message "No additional applications for your device were found"

I tried a couple of different .alx files but I keep on getting this same message...does anybody know what I am doing wrong, or reccommend me to do something...?

Thanks a bunch...

rpool no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Desktop Manager with 8800..Help :(

The application may not be coded for your 8800. I have run into that issue before. Are you trying to install the 8800 version of the application?

zakmorrisbrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop Manager with 8800..Help :(

I think I have resolved the issue, it looks like I have to move all unzipped files from the program into a folder on my desktop, rather than just moving the .alx file of the program into the folder...weird, but it worked