Hi Everyone! I'm having a problem with my desktop manager and was hoping one of ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ajr1437 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2AF4E

Desktop Manager "Not Responding"

Advertisement

Hi Everyone!

I'm having a problem with my desktop manager and was hoping one of you far more intelligent people could direct me on how to fix it. Whenever my computer starts (or I launch DM from the desktop) the window for DM comes up, but is empty and a seperate window comes up saying: "connecting to messaging sytem..." Unfortunately nothing happens after that, I eventually have to do a ctrl, alt, delete and end task because it says the program is "not responding". I've tried unistalling it and reinstalling it so many times I've lost count. My IT guy has been on the phone with both RIM and Microsoft (both of whom claim its a problem caused by the others programming) with no results. My IT guy now wants to wipe my registry clean and reboot Windows altogether, but I was hoping I could fix the problem without having to be that drastic. Any thoughts?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Desktop Manager "Not Responding"

ajr - have you tried this thread yet? let's hope it helps

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...p_manager.html

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What windows version are u running? I've herd that vista no like the DM program.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

Am using the 8703 with the DM 4.2 Sp1 connected to Vista Business, and Office 2007 and use the 8703 as modem on the road all day since am out from job to job. Everything is working so far but, this is my very first BB device. I use to use the Windows Mobile for the past 6 years.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is a new version of DM for vista. Tmobile has it