I'm new to the BB world, so this may be a stupid question: How do ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

thbb2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleted Emails

Advertisement

I'm new to the BB world, so this may be a stupid question: How do you save a copy of deleted emails to the deleted folder?

I accidentally deleted an email last night from the BB while I was at home, but when I looked in the deleted folder, it was empty so I had no way of getting it back. I had to wait until I got back to work this morning to get the email from the deleted folder in Outlook. This would have been a major pain if I had been out of town on a trip.

I've looked at every setting I can find on the BB for an option to save a copy of deleted email, but no dice. Is this something that has to be set on the BES maybe?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Deleted Emails

AFAIK, once you delete from the BB they are gone. No deleted files folder as on a WM device.

thbb2 no está en línea Stack level 1

I do have a deleted folder, there is just never anything in it on the device. I hope that is not true...what a drag if it is! I can't imagine what the harm would be in having an option to sync the deleted folder just like it does the sent folder.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You have to file items into Deleted Items if that's what you want.

HOWEVER, it's not possible on 4.2 devices like the 8830. Go figure -- it worked fine on 4.1. No clue why RIM changed that. I suggest emailing them at bbsuggestions@rim.com to have them re-enable that feature. In the mean time, create a Delete folder in your mailbox and file mail you want to delete into that folder. You'll have to eventually purge mail from that folder on your BB.

As Dubdub says, mail deleted from the BB is permanently deleted.