Hey yall, whenever I get an SMS from a certain contact, there is always another ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

spoocobra no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Delete SMS History from 1 contact.

Advertisement

Hey yall, whenever I get an SMS from a certain contact, there is always another text message with it from a long time ago. When in the message I hit menu delete history and that does clear it but when ever I get another one from them it's still there. I even tried deleting the contact and re-adding it along with a battery pull still didn't work. Please help me get rid of it because of course it's an angry message. HAHA

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

Re: Delete SMS Hisory from 1 contact.

Under your settings options there should be an option for sms texts. Under there you can change the number of previous items to 0. This will clear the history for all your text messages but I think oce you save it to 0 it will dissapear so you can add it back again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Could be a problem at the sender's end. If they are texting you from a BB get them to delete their history too maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalo View Post
    Under your settings options there should be an option for sms texts. Under there you can change the number of previous items to 0. This will clear the history for all your text messages but I think oce you save it to 0 it will dissapear so you can add it back again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have that set to 10 under Options~SMS Text. But wouldn't that mean anybody that text's me would also have 10 previous messages with the one they just sent? It is only for one person and it's starting to bother me. And it is only 1 message from almost 2 weeks ago for one person. I switched the setting to 0 got a text it was gone. Switched it back to 10, it came back, 8 it came back, 6 it came back so on so on.. I don't get it I just want it gone.

sascha no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Delete SMS History from 1 contact.

Is that a message u send or one u received?

S

Re: Delete SMS History from 1 contact.

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    Is that a message u send or one u received?

S
    It's a message that I receive. The person's phone is a Katana.

Snick no está en línea Stack level 1

Clearing SMS History in a 8130

I too am new at this and have an 8130. I just simply want to clean up all the text history much like clearing history on a computer, or cache or any simple function, but I can't seem to find a "simple" method to do this on my BB 1830?? I did try the "SMS texts. Under there you can change the number of previous items to 0" But it did not work. Is there a simple foolproof way to just simply clear "text history"?? Right now I just highlight it and delete each one at a time.......please help : )