Ladies and Gentlemen: I have this issue: First BB 8800 (Cingular) OS 4.2.1.72 BIS 2.3 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

paulsbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242C46E0

Default Email Address for Calender Attendees

Advertisement

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have this issue:

First BB 8800 (Cingular)
    OS 4.2.1.72
    BIS 2.3

When I invite an attendee for a calendar event the outgoing message defaults to an address I do not want. And I have changed in the messaging service in advanced options to the default that I would like but it still defaults to the same address I do not want. I hope this makes sense...

What I was hoping with the new launch of BIS 2.3; there would be a way to change the address of the outgoing mail, for meeting requests, as there is in the new message -compose email-("send using: (default)')

Side Topic:
    Strange, even though I change the default in messaging service the BB still picks (when sending emails) whatever it likes based on the user that the outbound message is going to..(have not be able to figure out the pattern) (hope I have not confused myself or any others)

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: Default Email Address for Calender Attendees

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

In the messages icon click on options then general settings, is the "defaut" one correct there?

It picks the last address used to email the contact (which I personally think is a super cool feature).

Hope this helps!

PIN/ID
    242C46E0

Thank you for the quick reply... Both match to one that I want as my defualt... But the outbound for email attendees is not the one set up as default.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I haven't seen a fix for this yet but it has definitely been mentioned on several forum sites. Personally, I use BES and meeting requests have always properly worked.

PIN/ID
    242C46E0

Thank you for the response... I have found a temporary work around... I assigned the email I would like to use as the default as the reply to and it works for the time being.

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone find out how to change the default email address when sending Invites to another email or how can it be changed. I would like my work email to be the default not my personal email showing up when sending the invites.