Goodmorning all. I have unlocked TMO 8800 on Rogers Network (Canada), and for some reason ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mariuspiatek no está en línea Stack level 1

Data Connection Question

Advertisement

Goodmorning all. I have unlocked TMO 8800 on Rogers Network (Canada), and for some reason the data does not work on it. Phone works no problem. I updated the software on it to the Rogers OS, and still nothing Any idea what could be wrong? Could this device be unlocked for phone only and locked to data ? is that possible ? thank you ps. i am getting my 8320 today woohooo. not sure why i said it but i am excited hah.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Data Connection Question

Do you have a BB dataplan? If it is unlocked, it is unlocked for everything.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you registered your 8800 with your BIS account? It needs to know what BB to connect to.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mariuspiatek no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes it is fully unlocked. What is BIS ? The thing is that when i switch the sim to my curve, data works right away.
    Last edited by mariuspiatek; 11-03-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did you use the setup wizard at one point it will take you to a wwbpage for you to update the IMEI and PIN. Once you do that you'd new BB should work. It sounds like your account is still set to your curve.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by mariuspiatek View Post
    Yes it is fully unlocked. What is BIS ? The thing is that when i switch the sim to my curve, data works right away.
    BIS is Blackberry Internet Service. The reason why it works with your BB Curve is for the reason that the PIN and the IMEI is registered with Network Provider. What you have to do is register the new blackberry. You can go to the website of your network provider and input the PIN and IMEI of your new device, send the service books and it should work. Please let us know if it does work. Good luck.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.