i own the curve now, and although it's probably the most popular model of bb ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

Curve to 8820?? (tmobile)

Advertisement

i own the curve now, and although it's probably the most popular model of bb out, i am thinking of making the switch to the 8820. it's supposed to come out for us tmo customers really really soon. haha.

i obviously know the basics, gps instead of camera, is there anything else that i should know, that i probably don't yet??

i really don't use the camera, and although, i do use it, i think i would get more use out of the gps feature, even for something as simple as golf a couple times a week. that alone would make it worth it and get more use than the camera.

did anyone switch from a curve to a 88xx??

should i bother making the switch??

pros and cons??

haha, thanks for the insight!!

LinkMobile no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well.. The 8820 is Wi-Fi ONLY.. No GPS on that model. If your looking for GPS, you want the 8800.
    The main advantage of Wi-Fi on the 8820 is to push the HotSpot @ Home Service
    I have the 8800 now and have had the 8310 in the past and I love the GPS feature.. VERY useful!! I made the switch from the 8310 to the 8800 but now I'm thinking of going back to the Curve. I love the design but the 8800 feels like a more solid phone.
    I hate having a BB Addiction..
    It's ultimately up to you on what you want to do. They are both great phones, but I miss the camera. It's always nice to have something to capture those impromptu moments. They are both BB's so you won't be disappointed either way!!

wow, for sure for sure the new 8020 from tmobile is not gonna have gps?? it's weird they'd leave it off when it's on the 8800.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    BGR posted screen captures from the T-Mobile system on the 21st that showed the 8820. GPS is in according to that.

Since it is in T-Mobile's system as such, I think GPS is part of the phone.

h3LIX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    The 8820 has GPS. Nuff Said. Here is a linkie: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...-and-schedule/ Scroll down to the 8820 specs, wifi and GPS are present.
    If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. if you work at it, it's GOLF!

h3LIX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    FWIW, I switched from a 8320 to a 8800, and I plan on selling my 8800 and scooping up an 8820 when They are readily available. The 8800 IMHO is much nicer in the hands, looks classier, and I can type better on it than I could on the 8320... many people will disagree, but I think the 8800 series keyboards are nicer and easier to type on. I wish RIM could combine all the goodies, ie: GPS, WIFI and a camera in to one package... I would be one happy thumbing camper! Albeit; I hardly used the camera on my pearl and curve, but the option is nice for the " rare " moments.
    If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. if you work at it, it's GOLF!

Joe4pal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    My 8820 has gps and wifi on ATT~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EverardBrown no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've got GPS and wifi on my 8820 (OrangeUK) - blackberry maps and google maps work a treat too. Indispensible
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah, i figured it had gps. there would be no reason for it not to have it.

we'll see if i get one. every time i get a new bb, my wife has to get one too...haha.

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B
    One thing that you can do is keep the curve and purchase a bluetooth GPS such as the Garmin 10X or the Telenav. I was thinking about the 8820 myself but if thought that if you decided to keep the 8320 not only do you already have a kickass BB with a camera for "those rare moments," but with the bluetooth GPS you can get around the golfcourse.

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have both the curve and the 8800 and I switch depending on what I'll need.

BigPoppa no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lol how big is the Golf Course that you need GPS to get round it.

not that big, however, there are a lot of apps that you can map your distance from your ball to the green, which can help in club selection.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    The biggest thing I noticed between the 88xx and 83xx is the keypad. Some people love it others hate it
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr