Hi, Im entirely new to Blackberry, Ive been a Nokite for the last 10 years. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

minitank no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Curve 8300 Vs. 8800g

Advertisement

Hi, Im entirely new to Blackberry, Ive been a Nokite for the last 10 years. But the allure of BB's and Push email grew too strong.

So I upgraded on monday to the 8800g initially I was interested in the Curve but it's not yet available on T-mobile in the UK so I went for the 8800. I have a few more days to decide if I want to stick with it or revert and wait for the curve or something better.

So far Im enjoying it, but reading through this forum Im well aware that Im experiencing o0nly about 10% of what these babies can do so my decision on whether to stick or bust isn't going to be an informed one without you guys help!!!

My Profile:

Profession: Small Business Owner
    Phone requirments: Email+Attachments (video, Excel, PDF, Word etc.) / Web Browsing / PDF Viewing / Flash Viewing / Calls / Texts

SO PLEASE HELP ME. Should I stick with the 8800 or go back to what I had (nokia E50) and wait for the curve or something better?

Your advice and help will be infinitely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

Re: Curve 8300 Vs. 8800g

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Iwould stick with the 8800.Its a very nice phone.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Like you said yourself... U only experienced 10% of the fones capabilities... You WILL like the 8800.. And you WON'T ever go back to a "regular" fone...

Keep playing with the fone!!

Thanks for the votes of confidence, so far Ive only managed to set a background and two email accounts! lol. Do you guys think everyone would get pissed at me if I posted a thread of all my general questions? I know I might find out some of the answers if I search individually but I need a few comprehenisive answers some of which are linked and would make cross refering through various threads confusing.

So you guys think I made the right decision Choosing the 8800 over the Curve?
    (no bias)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

As I said in the General Forum, BB model selection is highly subjective. Just compare what you want/need versus what the different BB models offer.

I'm afraid I can't really help with the Nokia vs BB. I can say that I selected BB out of the devices I tried due to reliability. There are devices with more features out there but I could really care less if it means that I have to waste my time resetting and troubleshooting. I do enough of that at work...

So which BB do you have T?

Do you think the 8800g is better suited to me than the Curve?

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hey minitank, you and my better half are in the same boat. All I said to her was, I have owned nokia 9210, 9210i, ericsson p800, p900/p910i plus the treo 650. 8700g which doesn't come with all that extra multimedia clutter, and I can honestly say It is the most robust handset I have every owned coupled together with a great UI.