I have a 8830 (Bell) and I'm wondering if the device can recognize when it's ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

sellman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Creating a new profile

Advertisement

I have a 8830 (Bell) and I'm wondering if the device can recognize when it's docked in a "power station"
    ; I'd like my device to automatically switch to another profile when it is docked. Has anyone done this?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Creating a new profile

I think that's asking too much of the BB. I don't know of any way to do it. Anyone?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You have holstered and unholstered. That's it. The BB does not switch alert profiles unless you tell it to do so or set up an exception for a specific contact.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by sellman View Post
    I have a 8830 (Bell) and I'm wondering if the device can recognize when it's docked in a "power station"
    ; I'd like my device to automatically switch to another profile when it is docked. Has anyone done this?
    In your profiles menu, each option has settings for alerts when holstered and unholstered. You can set them as you wish to get the desired notifications in each scenario.

sellman no está en línea Stack level 1

[FONT=Verdana]Thanks for your responses although the issue is NOT to change profiles when holstering but to automatically switch to another profile when the unit is docked in the "power station". The device would need to recognize when there is power at the side power terminal and use that queue to switch to another profile. I'm not sure this can be done but I thought I'd ask. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Again, thanks for your responses![/FONT]