Hello Guys, Blackberry 8800 is new brand for me. I am having problem in connecting ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

kalim_786 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Connectivity issues with Desktop Manager

Advertisement

Hello Guys,

Blackberry 8800 is new brand for me. I am having problem in connecting the device with Desktop Manager. On detection of BB on my system, desktop manager prompts for Password. I am entering correct password (same as used for unlocking my BB directly), but it doesn't accepts the passwords and after 10 retries it resets my BB device.

Following are some details of Softwares installed on my PC:
    BlackBerry device Manager: 4.3.0.7
    BBDevMgr: 4.0.0.1
    RIM USB Driver: 4.0.0.2
    RIM USB Serial Driver: 2.1.0.4

Blackberry Handheld Software v2.7a

Some details from Handheld device BB 8800:
    Platform: 2.3.0.72
    App Version: 4.2.1.90(138)

Thanks in Advance.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Connectivity issues with Desktop Manager

The thing to check for is if you are typing numbers on the blackberry area you actully holding the ALT key at that time? This is the most common issue. People are thinking numbers when typing on the blackberry, but are not holding the ALT key, and are typing letters. I hope this helps.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    The thing to check for is if you are typing numbers on the blackberry area you actully holding the ALT key at that time? This is the most common issue. People are thinking numbers when typing on the blackberry, but are not holding the ALT key, and are typing letters. I hope this helps.

I can loggon to my Handheld device, the problem that i m facing is that

1- When i connect my BB with computer the Desktop Manager don't accepts the same password through which i unlock my BB handheld device.
    2- I am not getting option of Disable password in 'Security Option' --> 'General Settings' --> Password.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

have you tried turning the password off to see what happens? I would try that and then if it worked I would reset my bb password and go from there. hopefully, it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    have you tried turning the password off to see what happens? I would try that and then if it worked I would reset my bb password and go from there. hopefully, it will work.
    1- I am not getting option of Disable password in 'Security Option' --> 'General Settings' --> Password.
    2- I reset my device and even changed the password but this option doesn't help and Desktop manager always prompts for passwords and never accepts the given password

Can anyone please help me on this issue?

Thanks in advance

traveller67 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having the same problem with my 8130 (4.3.0.81) with USB connection to Vista PC running Desktop Manager 4.3.015. When connecting by USB the password prompt does not accept the correct password to unlock my device. Doesn't matter when the device itself is in a locked or unlocked state. Changing the password didn't help. The only way I could connect to Desktop Manager was to disable password in Options > Security Options > General > Password.

Very interested in finding a resolution. I don't want to leave my blackberry without a password!

Happy New Year!

nef584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24127B3
    Hellp I am having the same issue with a used BB 8300 I just got. I changed the password but desktop manager won't recognize the password. Also when I gointo security settings there is a red lock icon next to password: Enabled and to security timeout. any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't upgrade OS because desktop manager tells me Device Password required.

Please Someone Help Me!!!

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by nef584 View Post
    Hellp I am having the same issue with a used BB 8300 I just got. I changed the password but desktop manager won't recognize the password. Also when I gointo security settings there is a red lock icon next to password: Enabled and to security timeout. any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't upgrade OS because desktop manager tells me Device Password required.

Quote Originally Posted by kalim_786 View Post
    Hello Guys,

Blackberry 8800 is new brand for me. I am having problem in connecting the device with Desktop Manager. On detection of BB on my system, desktop manager prompts for Password. I am entering correct password (same as used for unlocking my BB directly), but it doesn't accepts the passwords and after 10 retries it resets my BB device.

Following are some details of Softwares installed on my PC:
    BlackBerry device Manager: 4.3.0.7
    BBDevMgr: 4.0.0.1
    RIM USB Driver: 4.0.0.2
    RIM USB Serial Driver: 2.1.0.4

Blackberry Handheld Software v2.7a

Some details from Handheld device BB 8800:
    Platform: 2.3.0.72
    App Version: 4.2.1.90(138)

Thanks in Advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by nef584 View Post

I never have to enter a password even though it asks for one... Maybe try this thread, I had issues connecting my Bold and Curve and installed the file to my PC, restarted my PC and the next time I loaded the DM it worked perfectly... hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by impak875; 05-12-2009 at 02:00 PM.

ohnoitsella no está en línea Stack level 2

DM not finding PIN

Hey everyone. Im having issues connectiong my BOLD to my DM. I connected it to the USB drive and the program isn't picking up my PIN so I can back up my phone. Has this happened to anyone else? Need help. I need to back up my Bold because lately my phone has be restarting itself and saying "APP ERROR". Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ella,

Have you tried rebooting your PC and trying the connection again? What version of DM are you using? Have you tried a different USB port on the PC, or tried using a different cable?

Roger

nef584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24127B3
    Just resolved the password issue. My phone was locked with an IT policy which I was given the device password to. The problem was when DM asked for the password I typed it in as numbers (which is how it was set up when I got the phone). I contacted T-Mo about the issue and the rep. told me to type in the password as letters instead (example wers instead of 1234). I did just that and voila no more IT policy lock. I then wiped the device back to factory and now I have a completely new device which is working great. No passwords needed or locked firewalls.

Thanks for your help. Pinstack rocks