Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

I recently bought the new Blackberry 8800 and i am really confused how to use. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

  1. #1
    neel_the_one's Avatar
    neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6
    Posts
    19

    Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Advertisement



    I recently bought the new Blackberry 8800 and i am really confused how to use. I have three main problems so far...

    Firstly, I cannot seem to access the browser as there is a message that pops up on the screen saying..."Your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book enttries. Please contact your service provider to enable the brwoser on your device".

    Secondly, when i try and set up my email account with my blackberry 8800, the wizard only comes with two options...."I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server" and "I want to skip email setup". Shouldn't there be another option saying something about setting up an individual email account for users that are not occassated with business?

    Thirdly, my GPS is just alot of lines and there is no image of any sort on the so called 'map'.

    I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me solve these problems

    My PIN is: 2509B4E6

    Regards
    Neel
    Last edited by neel_the_one; 04-14-2007 at 11:27 AM.

  2. #2
    neel_the_one's Avatar
    neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6
    Posts
    19

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    I am also on the vodafone network if that makes any difference? :S

  3. #3
    Einherjer's Avatar
    Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    842

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Looks like you have no data plan to me. Call your carrier.

  4. #4
    andrewthomas's Avatar
    andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    2521F913
    Posts
    125

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    neel
    I have 11 users like yourself using Vodafone BIS
    Go to mobileemail.vodafone.net and enter your pin and imei number, you can then creat your account from there. It is then pushed to your BB and it will self configure.
    then select the resend service book option to update your device.
    I / We still occasionally have problems when starting a browser using the vodafone live icon, so we normally go in through the blackberry browser one.

    hope this helps.

    I cannot amswer the GPS one as I don't use it - sorry! anyone?

  5. #5
    neel_the_one's Avatar
    neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6
    Posts
    19

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    neel
    I have 11 users like yourself using Vodafone BIS
    Go to mobileemail.vodafone.net and enter your pin and imei number, you can then creat your account from there. It is then pushed to your BB and it will self configure.
    then select the resend service book option to update your device.
    I / We still occasionally have problems when starting a browser using the vodafone live icon, so we normally go in through the blackberry browser one.

    hope this helps.

    I cannot amswer the GPS one as I don't use it - sorry! anyone?
    i did create my account on mobileemail.vodafone.net and since i created it which was about a few hours ago, nothing has come up on my device. I even went on my device and selected the Host Routing Table where it asks me register, so i do and nothing happens. And when i did sign up that website (mobileemail.vodafone.net), which folder/directory on my handheld does it get sent to? (e.g. Options>Adanced)

    Thanks

  6. #6
    flash24's Avatar
    flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hello and welcome to pinstack and blackberry family.

    1. Go to options, advance option, host routing table, then register.

    2.Yes, you can set up your email another way (non-BES related) log into your cingular account online to set it up or, you should be able to do it on your blackberry by going to your browser homepage. (That's how it is on tmobile, not sure about cingular.

    3. Its like that because you haven't set up your internet yet. Do step one and this problem will be resolve.

    Hope that helps

  7. #7
    neel_the_one's Avatar
    neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6
    Posts
    19

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hello and welcome to pinstack and blackberry family.

    1. Go to options, advance option, host routing table, then register.

    2.Yes, you can set up your email another way (non-BES related) log into your cingular account online to set it up or, you should be able to do it on your blackberry by going to your browser homepage. (That's how it is on tmobile, not sure about cingular.

    3. Its like that because you haven't set up your internet yet. Do step one and this problem will be resolve.

    Hope that helps
    What is the website for Cingular?

    Regards
    Neel

  8. #8
    ziminvades's Avatar
    ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    702

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    If you already registered and you have a internet service plan from your carrier try pulling the battery and reinsert it. When powering back up your phone will try to update it's packages and you should notice a difference. Most carriers tell you that it could take 24 hours after activation for your service books to update.

    If this does not work and you can access your email options via your carrier site there should be an option to send service books. Click the option and your phone should update.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  9. #9
    neel_the_one's Avatar
    neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6
    Posts
    19

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades
    If you already registered and you have a internet service plan from your carrier try pulling the battery and reinsert it. When powering back up your phone will try to update it's packages and you should notice a difference. Most carriers tell you that it could take 24 hours after activation for your service books to update.

    If this does not work and you can access your email options via your carrier site there should be an option to send service books. Click the option and your phone should update.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My sim card is a pay as you and i bought this mobile phone as a sim free so i dont think that there are any internet service plans...:S

    What do i enter under the TCP heading in my device?

    Regards

  10. #10
    ziminvades's Avatar
    ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    702

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Uncharted teritory for me. Never dealt with pay as you go
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #11
    andrewthomas's Avatar
    andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    2521F913
    Posts
    125

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by neel_the_one
    My sim card is a pay as you
    Regards
    that is your problem I think, you cannot, as far as I understand get the blackberry service on PAYG - as you must pay extra to your normal service plan to get it.

  12. #12
    showtime's Avatar
    showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    306

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Welcome to Pinstack
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  13. #13
    melerant's Avatar
    melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1
    Posts
    549

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    You'll figure it out. I was lost when I first got my BB but customer support initially helped me with the problems your dealing with.
    Good luck. Welcome to the stacks.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  14. #14
    flash24's Avatar
    flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by neel_the_one
    What is the website for Cingular?

    Regards
    Neel
    Cingular.com

    Create an account if you don't have one yet, then log in.

  15. #15
    neel_the_one's Avatar
    neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6
    Posts
    19

    Re: Completely New Customer To Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Cingular.com

    Create an account if you don't have one yet, then log in.
    But im on vodafone and not Cingular :S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •