Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Its funny that no one has seen the 8820 with a camera yet........ Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: Compared: BlackBerry 8800 & BlackBerry Pearl

Advertisement

Its funny that no one has seen the 8820 with a camera yet.....

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I am one of those who like the small phone style keyboard of the pearl. I also like having a camera on my BB. I think I'll stick with the pearl For now... .

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Now that I have my 8800 and my Pearl 8100, I can say that much like I anticipated, these are indeed two distinctively different BlackBerrys. Both are Great!

They simply cannot be compared, they each have their place. Which reminds me of the often asked question "what's the best phone for me". Only _YOU_know what your personal preferences are. Only you know what you will be using it for.

I believe that there is no "winner" or "better model", as that's the advantage of buying into the BlackBerry family, they're all good. It's just deciding which one suits your needs the best.

However that said: There's no substitute for taking each one of them home and using them for awhile. That's the true test, as then you have time to adapt and become accustomed to each one. At that point, your decision making process is a lot easier.

Remember that Cingular has a great return policy, if you do not like the device. You can actually buy one on a Friday afternoon, and if you return it by Monday afternoon, the trial is completely free other that the data and airtime you use. You can keep it for 30 days and then turn it in, pay the activation fee (about $35) plus airtime and data use, or if you return it in 3 days they waive the activation fee. This allows you an entire weekend to use it and decide.

Cheers...

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by carlitos2577
    the Pearl was aimed at users who like a device more phone based but still capable of doing the little extra things the older BB's
    The Pearl was RIM's entry into the mass consumer market, vs the business market. I rarely use my Pearl for it's cellphone capabilities. It's awkward to hold up to your ear for any extended amount of time(I don't always have my headset on), and it has 2 volumes. Loud and low. Don't get me wrong, I love my Pearl. But I love it for it's Blackberry abilities, not it's capabilities as a cellphone. My phone plan is for 700 minutes. I usually have 500 leftover at the end of every month. And that's with TWO lines.

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    The Pearl was RIM's entry into the mass consumer market, vs the business market. I rarely use my Pearl for it's cellphone capabilities. It's awkward to hold up to your ear for any extended amount of time(I don't always have my headset on), and it has 2 volumes. Loud and low. Don't get me wrong, I love my Pearl. But I love it for it's Blackberry abilities, not it's capabilities as a cellphone. My phone plan is for 700 minutes. I usually have 500 leftover at the end of every month. And that's with TWO lines.
    If you think the Pearl is not very nice a phone, you have obviously never used a 7230. It was like holding a cabbage up to your head. IMHO the pearl is a great phone and I have used the 7230, 7130e, 7130c, and 8700 for work over the last year. Pearl spanks them all hands down (but really, anything is better than ear-cabbage).

B
    Blackberry Video Converter
    Click on my google links so I can buy myself a pearl, I gotta see these videos for myself!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

I'm still diggin my Pearl over the 8800, it's just too big, sure it's thin, but the 8700 felt better to use than this thing, ah well

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog
    ... (but really, anything is better than ear-cabbage)
    LOL
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123