Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by takeshi I've never had a need for it in all the years ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: Cingular: No equipment protection for 8800?!?!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    I've never had a need for it in all the years that I've used Blackberries, regardless of carrier.

I hope you sought out some wood, and proceeded to knock upon it.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

I've heard that, b/c Cingular does not offer protection, your homeowners insurance will cover it. But there's a downside even to that............it's called a deductible. Or you could always say that your car was burglarized and claim it on your vehicle insurance.........then again..........deductible....and police report.

So, obviously, my reply helps noone. Oh well. Thought I'd try.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    I dropped by my local Cingular store today so I could finally put my hands on the 8800 if only for a few min.
    I did a lap around the store, then a second lap because I somehow missed the phone during my first revolution, or did I? The phone was not on display.
    At this point I must have been looking like a crazy person who couldn’t find the bathroom. A service rep promptly asked me if she could help me.

To her query I replied: “yes, I’m looking for your new blackberry device.”
    Service Rep: “you mean the 8800?”
    Me: “Indeed!”
    Rep: “oh, it’s not on display, but we may have one in the back.” She scurried behind closed doors and returned shortly with a boxed 8800, popped in a Sim card and Battery, then handed it over. “It’s our last one” She said.

While I played with the phone she tried hard to sell me a plan, for this I will not fault her because it’s her job. I told her that if she could beat my current deal with TMO, she might have my attention, and gave her the specks. She came (kind of) close. She quoted me $30 a month more than I pay now for two lines. I then realized however that she had not factored in any equipment protection program, and to this she replied: “We do not offer an equipment protection program on this device, but we might sometime in April.”

I was completely shocked to learn this. Who would this much for a month and not add equipment protection?

Something tells me that this rep must be inccorrect. Has anyone tried to purchase equip protect for their 8800?
    Cingular is notorious for not protecting their high end phones right away--I use my home owner's policy and have a subpolicy under that. It protects whatever phone I have and for FAR LESS than Cingular can cover me

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by potthoff
    I've heard that, b/c Cingular does not offer protection, your homeowners insurance will cover it. But there's a downside even to that............it's called a deductible. Or you could always say that your car was burglarized and claim it on your vehicle insurance.........then again..........deductible....and police report.

So, obviously, my reply helps noone. Oh well. Thought I'd try.
    Even under Cingular's policy, it has a deductible. So no; the home owner's policy for some is better. It reallt depends upon the insurance company. But cingular does have a deductible too when they do cover the phone

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I can tell you from experience that insurance isn't offered on the BB or any high end phone at Cingular for that matter. I had been paying for insurance for 18 months on my 24 month contract with Cingular and a rep told me that she needed to remove the equipment protection because it isn't offered for BB's or any high tiered phones. Yet, a rep signed me up for the plan and I wasn't able to get any refund for that money for insurance that I had paid for almost the whole contract. Sheesh... What a disappointment? What if I actually needed to use it? I would've been screwed. The thing is that the rep sold it to me with my plan when I signed up for the service.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

that is why i dont deal with cingular they wont honor any insurance on any of there high end phones. they are not worth my time for just that reason.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Thats exactly the way I feel but It would seem that there are many who disagree
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

wordthenerd Guest

The h--- with Cingular.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Update:
    Today I recieved a random call from cingular. I forgot that while I was in the store the rep had asked me for my phone number "in case she could find me any deals."
    During the call she said she would sell me two 8800's for $124 (and change) each!
    While tempting....the service plan still seems much higher than what I currently pay and the equip protection is a deal breaker for me.

steven_alexande no está en línea Stack level 1

I just downloaded the attachment from AT&T's site. RIM Blackberry is pretty much out. If you bought some sort of plan, such as the $4.99 one, you better call and check specifically what it covers. The site where I downloaded it from is in the attachment.

empyrium no está en línea Stack level 1

I have cingular and there is a simple work around for the new equipment protection. When you go into the store tell them you want to add insurance to your account. They will politely tell your 8800 isnt covered and you tell them thats ok you still want insurance. Once they add it to your plan and you do ever break your phone when you call into customer service they will tell you the same thing that it is not covered. As long as you respond asking them why you were sold insurance and have been paying monthly for however long, they will make a 1 time exception. I have done this many times with all different models throughout the years. Not a fool proof plan but it has worked 100% of the time for me.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Honestly i have never heard anyone ever doing this, but hey in everything in this world there are loop holes and that may be one of them.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

cingularkid no está en línea Stack level 1

you can add insurance and only use it once "as a customer courtesty" they will immediately remove the insurance right then and there. i am a att/cingular store manager 8 years

steven_alexande no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by empyrium View Post
    I have cingular and there is a simple work around for the new equipment protection. When you go into the store tell them you want to add insurance to your account. They will politely tell your 8800 isnt covered and you tell them thats ok you still want insurance. Once they add it to your plan and you do ever break your phone when you call into customer service they will tell you the same thing that it is not covered. As long as you respond asking them why you were sold insurance and have been paying monthly for however long, they will make a 1 time exception. I have done this many times with all different models throughout the years. Not a fool proof plan but it has worked 100% of the time for me.
    Hey what did you say your account# was?

AT&T Exec

:-)

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yoiu got lucky cause the rep should never have even put ins on it in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast