Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I myself am a Cingular employee and for the most part I find this thread ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

curtaincall no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I myself am a Cingular employee and for the most part I find this thread to be true. I often find myself correcting other employees as well as the store manager when they are coming up with some bs answer to questions that customers have. I even work part time and the reasoning I have found is that most of these jerks are just trying to make sales meet quota and get their commission . Buyer be weary of these salesmen, they don't want to get the customer the best product by any means. At my store (Peachtree battle ATL) I am one of the three data specific reps. They give us extra training and give us the devices to use so we know them, I'm on a pearl right now but I will be getting an 8800 as soon as they come to our store (21st). All in all there are a ton of bad reps but there are a few good ones. I try real hard to inform my customer as well as out them into a device they want and qualify for. we're not all bad. I can answer any questions anyone might have and if I can't I'll find out.

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

Re: cingular mess up pt. 1

As an ex-wireless employee I can say that both sides of the coin are true, but each sales person has a certain amount of responsibility to make sure they have at bare minimum basic information about the products their company is going to offer. And there's a manager in almost all stores and that person needs to make sure that the information is available and his salespeople view said info. That being said, those who do well in this industry are the ones who choose to know the information and make it work for them. You can make money on the higher priced phones with the sale of accessories and additions to their plans, but then I guess it would mean caring just a little about what you do. I'm sure this is not the only industry that it happens in, it comes down to only being able to teach those who want to learn. Just my thoughts........

Iseeyouhaha no está en línea Stack level 1

For the most part I have been happy with Cingular's Service. Some Techs Have no clue what time of day it is, let alone a tech question. Remember most read from scripts. Thank god for GOOGLE>

I also have NExtel and the service is horrible,, walk into a Nextel store,, LOL you will walk out within 10 seconds.

But the question I have does the phone have a camera LOL.. JK

palmtreepimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DBB65B

when you go to the store, if you have time, lisen to the reps talk with other customers, you will usually get an idea who is tech savy and not. Dont bash all the reps, some are very passionate about this industry and well informed, those are the ones who go the extra mile to stay informed, no matter what carrier, its all the same. sometimes devices are scrapped at the last minute or modified due to issues during testing. so a unit which initially may have been slated for a camera might not end up with one, also keep in mind keeping the units price friendly. Perfect example is treo 750 w/ a $500 price tag with a 2 year contract.........hell no! and you can barely get your email on it!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by bug2621
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~For some odd reason there is the thought that all wireless sales reps are not intelligent people. As a sales rep, I do admit there are some that are not that bright and to be honest don't really give a flip about the 8800. On that same token, some of us are drooling over its release and that consistenly keep up with things of that nature. And just because we work retail at a wireless company does not mean that we have no education or intelligence.
    You bring up some very valid points here and I agree with you. Thanks for your post.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by curtaincall
    All in all there are a ton of bad reps but there are a few good ones. I try real hard to inform my customer as well as out them into a device they want and qualify for. we're not all bad. I can answer any questions anyone might have and if I can't I'll find out.
    Here is another good post, and I agree with your points as well.

There's a saying that most professional sales people have heard a few times. 20% of the sales people make 80% of the sales.

Cheers and thanks for your post...

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

the last thing i was trying to do was make a thread about complaining about cingular.

i apologize if i have offended anyone with my comments.

i have nothing against cingular or its associates. i find humor in the consistency of misinformation from this one store, not the entire corporation.

once again, i apologize if i've offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin1
    As an ex-wireless employee I can say that both sides of the coin are true, but each sales person has a certain amount of responsibility to make sure they have at bare minimum basic information about the products their company is going to offer. And there's a manager in almost all stores and that person needs to make sure that the information is available and his salespeople view said info. Just my thoughts........
    I cannot help but respond to yet another very well written post.

Your post here points to personal responsibility, something that is sadly lacking in many (not all) employees regardless of industry. Thanks for your contribution.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by palmtreepimp
    Dont bash all the reps, some are very passionate about this industry and well informed, those are the ones who go the extra mile to stay informed, no matter what carrier, its all the same. sometimes devices are scrapped at the last minute or modified due to issues during testing. so a unit which initially may have been slated for a camera might not end up with one, also keep in mind keeping the units price friendly. Perfect example is treo 750 w/ a $500 price tag with a 2 year contract.........hell no! and you can barely get your email on it!
    Once again, here is another well written post. It's refreshing to have you remind us of what is sometimes the obvious and yet so easy to be overlooked.

Thanks for your post.
    Cheers....

TinkMomZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EBD625

I am also a Cingular sales rep. Now, to be completely honest, i have always been somewhat intimidated by the RIM devices, so I have stayed away from them. Now that I have my pearl, I can't live without it! I pride myself on knowing more about it and the 8800 than any other devices in our store. However, these are phones, not shoes! Anyone can learn what the new style is and what the new name is for that style, sorry, but it's true! We are trained on all of our devices, but not until they are actually out. As far as knowledge before actual launch, there are always delays, so why tell a customer that ti will be out tomorrow when it might not show up until next month? For example, UPS stole the boxes containing all of our 1st shippment of htc 8525's. Now, everyone knew they were available, but we didn't get any for over 3 weeks. . Don't be so quick to judge sales reps. We are human, and can make mistakes. I do agree that not all reps are as knoweledgable as they should be, but some just don't care to learn specific devices. Some are only there for a paycheck, and some just don't absorb information very well. If you are looking for information from a wireless company, cehck online, because your answer will ALWAYS vary from person to person. . we aren't clones, and are not psychically connected. If you think you know everything, then, put in an application and show us up.

DoubleA7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Meh, it's pretty typical for any cell phone store rep (regardless of carrier) I've dealt with. Do you really expect them to be experts and up on the latest and greatest for what their paid? People that competent would have better jobs elsewhere. Seriously.
    Experts? No. Knowledgable? yes. I work for Cingular and I can tell you that yes there are some reps who don't know apples from oranges but that's really based on the individuals desire to learn. Cingular provides alot of trainings for Blackberry, Palm, HTC, you name it..theres a training for it. They are 8 hour trainings that we go to usually on our OFF days.

So Cingular does not employ ignorant or stupid reps, they hire unmotivated reps who couldnt be bothered to learn about their products.

That's why I'm on this site so I can see a wide spectrum of opinions from everybody because I can learn something new from each and every person here.

But the story itself is funny, not nearly as funny as some of the customer stories i have. LOL. :-)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It isn't just Cingular reps who don't know their stuff.

I had this following incident happen to me about a month ago on TMobile. Those of you who have read my rant about my transition from a sidekick 2 to a sidekick 3 will know what I am talking about. However I will retell it.

When my second SK2 finally stopped charging corectly, I thought I would be able to at least replace it via insurance thru Assurion since a TMo rep was no help. It was over a year old.I thought equipment protection would cover it also. No such luck there either. Assurion claimed that since I was using my sim card in a Pearl and the SK that they couldn't cover the new SK. This particular in store rep (she spent an HOUR on the phone to get me a Pearl via alternative handset exchange after my 7105t crapped out. She kept getting hung up on) told me she wouldn't be able to extend my contract either since I was only 1 year into a 2 year deal. I left that store after finding out it would cost me nearly $450 for the basic SK3 (I wasn't about to let them commit highway robbery for the DWade Limited Edition at nearly $500).

Went to another store and explained my situation. I walked (figurative speech here since I'm disabled LOL) out with a brand new SK3 (memory card and wrist strap installed) and a 2 year contract extension for $330 with taxes.

DoubleA7 no está en línea Stack level 1

You know you wanted that DWade Limited Edition haha! ;-)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LOL that thing is ugly with gold and white. My point was its not just Cingular who can be clueless about things.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

Yeah not just Cingular. The two Apple stores here have no clue when I buy something except maybe color. I wonder what they hire these people for? I had a friend apply for the apple store job and get rejected and he knows way more than the apple genius there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12