View Poll Results: How will Cingular/AT&T handle the launch of the 8800?

Voters
53. Register free to vote on this poll
  • They have screwed up other launches, this won't be any different.

36 67.92%
  • I have faith they have gotten their act together and it will be a success.

17 32.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by desjones571 Cingular is obviously in bed with RIM guys can't you see!? ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: Cingular/AT&T 8800 Launch...Flop Or Not?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by desjones571
    Cingular is obviously in bed with RIM guys can't you see!? I am a Cingular customer and I think they are pretty good. Ever service has their own set of problems deal with it. Nothing in life is perfect. I'm very interested in the new device myself but damn some of you guys are acting like it really is crack. One thing I do know is you can't please everybody. If they postponed the released date some of you would be so sick like as if you were on life support. But guess what you would wait and when it came out you would buy it. I wish that I was on the business side of this like an RIM major stock holder or something because damn you guys are strung out! I love my BB just like the rest but give it a break. I'm not trying to come down on anyone please don't take this personal. When this phone comes out, there will be problems they must work out and it won't be corrected until the second or third batch gets sent to the stores. So why rush? To say you got the new BB? Then if it has problems you be complaing here to. Let them guys get the kinks out of the 8800. Please!
    long post....but i agree. too many people spend too much time bashing the actions of multi-million dollar companies. As painful as it may be to admit, these guys know their stuff. They didn't become a major us carrier by screwing up all the time. Rollouts cause problems it's the nature of the business. new products have problems, just take a look at MS Vista which has been in development for years. it's the reality of the situation and it's easy to put Cingular down, but they are still RIM's first choice

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Cingular/AT&T=Flop

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    Cingular/AT&T=Flop
    are you just upset because Cingular has a lock on the 8800 for 6 mos?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

RIM lets Cingular release the device for the $$$$ i doubt there is any other reason.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

well i have been a sprint user from 1994,i also used the nextel at the time sprint took them over,"you talk about screw-up's",,then when i moved to florida last year my sprint didnt work well so i got onboard with verizon,,"WOW" what a big mistake for me! however i have also kept my cingular service the whole time! even tho i have had more C/S isues then any of them all! however i get the best/most coverage with my cingular! and i am just now getting into the bb 8100 pearl! and i love all the features it has to offer! and i to am looking forward to the new toy,,,8800 which i will wate tell they get most of the kinks worked out! so good luck to us all!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy
    well i have been a sprint user from 1994,i also used the nextel at the time sprint took them over,"you talk about screw-up's",,then when i moved to florida last year my sprint didnt work well so i got onboard with verizon,,"WOW" what a big mistake for me! however i have also kept my cingular service the whole time! even tho i have had more C/S isues then any of them all! however i get the best/most coverage with my cingular! and i am just now getting into the bb 8100 pearl! and i love all the features it has to offer! and i to am looking forward to the new toy,,,8800 which i will wate tell they get most of the kinks worked out! so good luck to us all!
    You sould seriously try T-mobile, if you have the money for another line. You shouldn't be disappointed.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom
    You sould seriously try T-mobile, if you have the money for another line. You shouldn't be disappointed.
    tmobile doesnt offer service in my part of arkansas! thank goodness! lol~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Different name, same company, can we say flop!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The top company is always the target of jealousy.

They will launch the product with as much info as RIM gives them.

Remember it's in RIM's hands. Cingular is dependent on RIM for product. If they don't have enough, it's RIM not Cingular/at&t.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

No different from any moto as well. I remeber the startac I wanted. Moto generates the hype by anouncing a earlier than they can produce and of course not produce enough. Like in Dilbert, marketing, sales, and engineering all different departments.

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Being a Cingular customer, I dont dobt there will be 'issues' next week. But I am hoping for the best!
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

FYI: Cingular won't have a 6 month exclusive on the 8800.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Flop!!!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Cingular has a proven record of totally screwing up the launch of a new device from retail outlets not being stocked to sales staff not knowing when a device is launching.
    Really? Where are the quotes for the 8700c and 7290 launches??

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Flop. I know they're the biggest but I still can't see why RIM puts up with it. Whe the Pearl was released on Tmo it was nearly without a hitch.
    I don't see why RIM would care as long as Cingular moves devices for them in the end (which they definitely do). It's not like Cingular is RIM's babysitter or anything -- it's all about the bottom line ($$).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Cingular/AT&T 8800 Launch...Successful !

Cingular Launch, Very Successful !

Official Cingular Launch Date 2/21/07

Units arrived early and Cingular (my store mgr) called me yesterday 2/19/07 and said that I could come in and purchase mine.

I arrived at the store and bought two, one for me and one for a friend that could not get to the store.

Sorrry to disappoint all you Cingular haters........

Once again, my experience with Cingular/at&t continues to be very good. I could not ask for more.

Cheers...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast