I recently updated my wifi enabled 8820 to OS 4.5. Since then calls made on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bigozu no está en línea Stack level 1

Choppy or garbled calls on OS 4.5 and UMA

Advertisement

I recently updated my wifi enabled 8820 to OS 4.5. Since then calls made on UMA status come across choppy or garbled. I never had this problem with the previous version of OS. Any ideas that I could try? I am on Cincinnati Bell service and upgraded to their 4.5.0.52.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried to downgrade what you had before and see if that works fine still. If the downgraded OS does work, I would look into try a different 4.5 OS.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

The downgrade OS worked significantly better than 4.5. Even after reinstalling a new 4.5. The new 4.5 is slightly better then what I had but nowhere near the clarity of 4.2. Any other ideas?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Any chance of you can try it out on a different wireless connection? To eliminate some incompatibility with 4.5 and your router connection.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I tried on work's wireless connection and it worked much better than at home. I haven't made any changes to wireless settings in quite some time at home. Why would 4.2 work well and 4.5 not?

I finally fixed this issue and it was my router settings. This link http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...tings-uma.html will tell you all the settings you need to have a very stable clear UMA connection.