Hi, I am new to the forum. After a search regarding how to make my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

thtc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Chinese fonts---help!!!

Advertisement

Hi, I am new to the forum.
    After a search regarding how to make my 8830 be able to read chinese fonts, I have no conclusion. I don't know if anybody tried to install 8800C (chinese versionfrom CSL) with success? Or I have to strip out the chinese files to load it on my 8830? Since I am not a "computer guy", this is difficult for me.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

alkwarismi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Chinese fonts---help!!!

there's a free package available on this forum that will allow you to view chinese fonts. I don't where it is, but a 5 minute search on this site will find it. I installed it a while back on my 8830 and it works ok. some characters are missing, but not many.

For input, I also am interested in installing the CSL software on my 8830. I haven't done it yet and have an open question on another thread here. if i proceed, I'll post my results. I'm not sure if the OS is specific GSM or CDMA or independent.
    Last edited by alkwarismi; 01-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.

alkwarismi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Chinese fonts---help!!!

I found this chinese website and installed the software (chinput.rar is the download file). It works ok.

bbauto.siteem.com/common-07/index.htm