Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the cheapest you've found the 8800, locked (from someone somewhat reputable obviously)? I want ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Neo541 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cheapest You've Found

Advertisement

What's the cheapest you've found the 8800, locked (from someone somewhat reputable obviously)? I want to get one, unlock it and use it on T-Mobile...

Appreciate the response!

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Re: Cheapest You've Found

If you hang on for a few more, TMO will be releasing their own 8800 model. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Any idea when tmo will get the 8800?

Neo541 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hang on for a few more...Yeah, that's something my therapist keeps saying too... I'm fairly impatient, and if I can get a locked one, unlock it, use it for a few months, sell it on Ebay to recoup some cost, and get the T-Mobile one, i'll be a happy camper.

So, aside from signing up with Cingular, anyone know where a good deal can be had?

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

I expect it will be before summer. And that's just from reading stuff on BB cool and whatever. Not only that, do ya really think TMO is gonna let Cinguhell have all the fun? Lmao! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    245DA445

Lol no I expect they will get their version soon. Although I don't think I'm going to make the switch, I love my pearl too much. Great size, camera, etc. But Anyways, that's a topic for another thread. As for the pricing, I would check out the usual sources such as eBay, amazon, and here on pinstack. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Be aware tho. Tmo will not support an unlocked BlackBerry. That's what a rep told me, and you know how that goes. You'll hear something different everytime you call. So I'd be sure to make that my first call. Asking them about their policy on supporting unlocked BlackBerry's. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    245DA445

Realy?! Can they do that? I thought that was the whole point of being able to unlock them. That just doesn't seem right to me...

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

The point of an unlocked phone is to be able to use any simcard in it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the carrier will honor your warranty. If you don't buy their equipment, they are under no obligation to provide you with any warranty support. They'll tell you to contact the manufacturer or the company you bought it from. They aren't going to replace your phone with one of theirs if something goes wrong. You'll simply be out for whatever you spent on it. That's why I wouldn't bother buying an unlocked BB. Too much of an investment if something goes wrong with it. And with a new release? It would be foolish not to have warranty support. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yes...i have this issue now with my pearl - which is unlocked tmo pearl on a cingy network. if i had MAJOR issues that the good folks here at pinstack couldn't fix, i'd probably be OUT OF LUCK...and im not a tmo customer, so i can't exactly go to TMO for help?? so that is one thing to keep in mind when purchasing an unlocked phone...

i will say this tho, one of the unlocked pearl's i did purchase last year from a seller on eBay had 'optional' insurance, thru third party, that i did purchase...that will help some if i do encounter issues with that pearl...

PIN/ID
    245DA445

Huh, that's good to know. Thanks for the info. Kinda makes you think twice before buying an unlocked BB.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I know nobody here trust reps, but my Major Account Exec w/ TMO told me second week in April.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    I don't think it's so much we don't trust them, but that you just learn to take what they say with a grain of salt. And only because if you talk to 3 reps, you'll usually get 3 different versions of a story. But APril would be great! My daughter will be home, and she can buy it for me! Lol! She owes me an Xmas gift!

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Tmo in germany is getting it in march apparently. I paid 350 GBP for mine, new and boxed. Managed to get the netlock (voda UK) removed free through a friend of a friend of a ...

winste no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    I know nobody here trust reps, but my Major Account Exec w/ TMO told me second week in April.
    Hopefully. That would make the Cingular exclusive 60 days which would make sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast