Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I upgraded my phone to an 8800v last week. I was already with Vodafone on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

g4gxl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Changing to Pay Monthly

Advertisement

I upgraded my phone to an 8800v last week.
    I was already with Vodafone on 'Anytime 75 with 100 text' paying £15/month inc tax

They said the phone would be free of charge and the new tariff would be £20/month
    I got the phone next day but had the 'Data Connection Refused' message.
    After 3 calls to support they said I would have to pay £35/month to include data/email/browsing.

Since then I received a text to say connection had been provided free of charge. It remains to be seen what my bill will really be but so far I am happy to have a free 8800 and a £20/month tariff

Setting up the phone has not been straightforward. The registration website was found by browsing these forums - no mention at all in the Vodafone guidebook. Likewise setting up TCP parameters to use MSN (with IM+) was done by Googling for details of people that had already been through the same problem.

neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    sorry, Monday morning!
    Right.
    As you are taking out a new contract you have to be given a phone to go with it.
    Sell your existing 8800 - let's say you get £200 for it.
    To get a 8800 with a new contract (a 15.50 a month email only plan) is 234 - so you would in effect pay £34 to have a brand new 8800 - which voda would support.

I have had problems in past using BB that VF did not supply, when you have a service book or similar issue they say "er, you did not but that handset from us so we cannot support it"

This IMHO is your best route, otherwise you are going to end up with a phone you don't want when you take out your new contract and a 8800 you may not be able to get support for. Is that clearer? Sorry!

EDIT - Updated price from Vodafone.co.uk

£119.15
    Anytime 75 with 100 text £17.02
    BlackBerry Internet Solution™ £12.77

£119 to pay and then 29 a month
    Would it be alright if i kept my Blackberry 8800 and took out the ANytime 75 contract with the Blackberry Internet Solution and getting another free phone in the process (some Samsung lets say) so i can then use my PAY AS YOU GO sim card with that and my new pay monthly with the blackberry 8800?

Thanks so much for your help
    Neel

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

I think vodafone 6 meg just not enough, I am on o2 and I get 75 meg, t-mobile gets 50 meg.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Quote Originally Posted by neel_the_one
    Would it be alright if i kept my Blackberry 8800 and took out the ANytime 75 contract with the Blackberry Internet Solution and getting another free phone in the process (some Samsung lets say) so i can then use my PAY AS YOU GO sim card with that and my new pay monthly with the blackberry 8800?

Thanks so much for your help
    Neel
    Yes it would, just thinking of your pocket, but bear in mind the support issue, I cannot emphasize that enough, support forums are good, but sometimes carrier support is essential, some UK call centres are just not up to it IMHO. Also, do you want/need two phones? I have done this in the pass with upgrades etc and end up not using one or the other.
    Whatever suits you mate, best of luck with it.

neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    Yes it would, just thinking of your pocket, but bear in mind the support issue, I cannot emphasize that enough, support forums are good, but sometimes carrier support is essential, some UK call centres are just not up to it IMHO. Also, do you want/need two phones? I have done this in the pass with upgrades etc and end up not using one or the other.
    Whatever suits you mate, best of luck with it.
    Thanks for all of your advice people its really appreciated and has made me much more aware on my situation. Earlier today i went to the vodafone shop in Oxford Street and purchased a Blackberry Internet Solution data plan for 13 pounds a month and this included a free Blackberry 8100 pearl mobile device. Minimum 12 month contract but im going to use the sim card that they gave me with my blackberry 8800 so i can use the browser, email and gps and use my pay as you go sim card with my pearl as it is now my backup phone. Two great blackberries to choose from....it aint a bad life is it? lol

Once again thanks for the advice
    Regards
    Neel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12