Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently have a blackberry 8800 and am on a pay as you go tarrif ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

neel_the_one no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

Changing to Pay Monthly

Advertisement

I currently have a blackberry 8800 and am on a pay as you go tarrif with my network Vodafone and i have found out that i cannot access my browser or set up my email account on it. I have therefore decided to get the cheapest pay monthly plan on vodafone (Anytime 75 price plan), will this enable me to use my blackberry to its full capabilities and therefore access the browser, email and GPS?

Regards
    Neel

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Changing to Pay Monthly

if it includes a blackberry data plan yes.
    let us know how it goes
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    if it includes a blackberry data plan yes.
    let us know how it goes
    im not sure if it does include a blackberry data plan :S And when i rang up Vodafone earlier today they told me because i was on Pay As You Go, they couldnt send me the browser information to my device so im assuming that if you are on a pay monthly contract, they will send you this information and that u can optionally subscribe to this data plan.

Regards

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Sounds resonable lets wait around and see what other vodaphone users say.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

hi neel , yes which vodafone country are you with and did you get your 8800 from them if so normally you should have the data plan , but normally it takes about three days for them to set it up and send the service books to you to enable the browser etc

PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

Quote Originally Posted by antx16
    hi neel , yes which vodafone country are you with and did you get your 8800 from them if so normally you should have the data plan , but normally it takes about three days for them to set it up and send the service books to you to enable the browser etc
    i am in the United Kingdom and i got my 8800 from eBay as a sim free but its a vodafone phone and came in vodafone packaging and it was not opened before i got it. I got it on saturday morning and enabled it (put in my sim card and battery) as soon as i receieved it.

ok neel that is cool does not really make a difference where the phone came from , but i seen on the vodafone uk website that you need to add the £8.51 mobile email plan on top otherwise you will only get the phone and you dont have the data plan , go and see them on monday and top up to the data plan , and in a few days it will all be fully online

PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

can you send me the link of the vodafone site that has the 8.51 mobile email plan? thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by neel_the_one
    can you send me the link of the vodafone site that has the 8.51 mobile email plan? thanks so much

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...ageID=BPP_0002

there you go neil that should help you

PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

thanks alot mate...really appreciate it ur a legend!

no prob mate drop me a pm later and let me know how you get on with vodafone

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Neel
    Just as thought, as you are having a new connection, you must have a new phone. Three options for you :

1. Pay the extra to get a new 8800 and sell your second hand one. with a new connection on just email tariff it is £234 for an 8800 - an amount you could no doubt from selling your existing one. as they are going for 250 - 295 at the moment on ebay, although I managed to get one yesterday for 195. This may be a better option rather than gettting a 75 tariff with the option 3 below as then VF will offer full support rather than saying they won't support if you have an issue as you did not buy the phone from them
    2. Do as above but keep your current 8800 and do not open the 8800 box and sell it, at a premium on ebay as unopened!
    3. Get a cheap (ie free phone with your connections and sell that. (the best you'll get for this is £75 I would guess for an unopend one, but see last point in 1 above
    Last edited by andrewthomas; 04-16-2007 at 06:38 AM.

PIN/ID
    2509B4E6

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    Neel
    Just as thought, as you are having a new connection, you must have a new phone. Three options for you :
    1. Pay the extra to get a new 8800 and sell your second hand one. with a new connection on just email tariff it is £234 for an 8800 - an amount you could no doubt from selling your existing one. as they are going for 250 - 295 at the moment on ebay, although I managed to get one yesterday for 195. This may be a better option rather than gettting a 75 tariff with the option 3 below as then VF will offer full support rather than saying they won't support if you have an issue as you did not buy the phone from them
    2. Do as above but keep your current 8800 and do not open the 8800 box and sell it, at a premium on ebay as unopened!
    3. Get a cheap (ie free phone with your connections and sell that. (the best you'll get for this is £75 I would guess for an unopend one, but see last point in 1 above
    I think i got my Blackberry 8800 from the same person that you got it from...i got mine for 195 all in vodafone packaging and not opened....can you please repeat your first point as i didnt really understand it?

Thanks for the advice!
    Neel

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

sorry, Monday morning!
    Right.
    As you are taking out a new contract you have to be given a phone to go with it.
    Sell your existing 8800 - let's say you get £200 for it.
    To get a 8800 with a new contract (a 15.50 a month email only plan) is 234 - so you would in effect pay £34 to have a brand new 8800 - which voda would support.

I have had problems in past using BB that VF did not supply, when you have a service book or similar issue they say "er, you did not but that handset from us so we cannot support it"

This IMHO is your best route, otherwise you are going to end up with a phone you don't want when you take out your new contract and a 8800 you may not be able to get support for. Is that clearer? Sorry!

EDIT - Updated price from Vodafone.co.uk

£119.15
    Anytime 75 with 100 text £17.02
    BlackBerry Internet Solution™ £12.77

£119 to pay and then 29 a month
    Last edited by andrewthomas; 04-16-2007 at 08:03 AM.

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

Glad to see you finally worked out why you can't get your email to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast