I have run into a slight yet irritating problem on my 8800 where when I ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ACMartin55 no está en línea Stack level 1

Certain Buttons mysteriously remapped

Advertisement

I have run into a slight yet irritating problem on my 8800 where when I go to press the trackball down for select it types an initial "U" then if I continue to press it I get "uo." The same thing happens for my Go-Back button which does "H" then "hl" and my 0 button which gives me "Y" then "yi." It started happening to me on Friday(the 13th) and has continued through the weekend to today. I took the phone apart last night and cleaned the keypad off and checked for possible moisture from the bar but no signs of that (phew!). After I put it back together the buttons worked fine and I was able to navigate through my BB like a normal human being. This morning I wake up and make some client calls to make sure techs are where they should be, and the phone is running fine. Then I go to make a call at lunch from it and low and behold the demon is back in my phone!! I don't get how this happening, and I'm almost 95% sure/hopeful that it's a software bug. Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution. I've tried searching around but it seems when I do find a related topic the solution isn't there , I guess different people have different ways of describing this issue...

If any of you can help me out with this you will have saved my sanity and my work week.

Thanks,
    Adam

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well I would try reinstalling your os and see if that solves your issues.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Upgrade to the latest OS if possible. If already running the latest OS then wipe end then re-install.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    >>I took the phone apart last night and cleaned the keypad off and checked for possible moisture from the bar but no signs of that (phew!). After I put it back together the buttons worked fine

Try this again. If it works again, then maybe the issue is where you keep the BB and what might be getting into it.

ACMartin55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So I have not been able to re-install the OS yet since I am on a mac and the OS file they give you for download is for use on pc. Stupid file formats!! Anyways I wanted to give you guys an update on what has been happening. I have discovered that this is definitely a software issue the other day. The same keys were doing there little thing again so I threw my phone in standbye mode and let it sit for a bit. I bring the phone back to life and it works normal. So I note that in my head and the same thing happens the next day same thing happens, I throw the phone in standbye and bring it back up right away that time and alas it works!! I need to re-install the OS on this thing I just need the core file to install from my mac if it's possible. Otherwise I gotta find a day to stay in the office and get this done...

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ACMartin55 View Post
    I have run into a slight yet irritating problem on my 8800 where when I go to press the trackball down for select it types an initial "U" then if I continue to press it I get "uo." The same thing happens for my Go-Back button which does "H" then "hl" and my 0 button which gives me "Y" then "yi." It started happening to me on Friday(the 13th) and has continued through the weekend to today. I took the phone apart last night and cleaned the keypad off and checked for possible moisture from the bar but no signs of that (phew!). After I put it back together the buttons worked fine and I was able to navigate through my BB like a normal human being. This morning I wake up and make some client calls to make sure techs are where they should be, and the phone is running fine. Then I go to make a call at lunch from it and low and behold the demon is back in my phone!! I don't get how this happening, and I'm almost 95% sure/hopeful that it's a software bug. Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution. I've tried searching around but it seems when I do find a related topic the solution isn't there , I guess different people have different ways of describing this issue...

If any of you can help me out with this you will have saved my sanity and my work week.

Thanks,
    Adam

Well luck me, I'm going threw the same thing as you.. I'm doing the wipe and reinstall now.. I will se how that goes..