When inserting battery, screen shows the hour glass spinning for one minute until the device ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

sacana no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't start BB 8800 up

Advertisement

When inserting battery, screen shows the hour glass spinning for one minute until the device resets. This cycle repeats endlessly. Is there any way to apply a reset? I have tried JL_Cmder but it is unable to read the device until it is completly up and running. Please any sugesstion.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Can't start BB 8800 up

Sacana, welcome to Pinstack!! Sorry, but it sounds like you are going to have to reinstall your OS. Who is your provider? Have you downloaded your handheld software from your provider and installed it on your PC? That's gonna be where you need to start I think. I've bricked my various BB's so many times....I could do this in my sleep now.....lol
    Andy

Schufly, thanks for your response. The provider is Cingular (AT&T). I've already downloaded and installed on my PC the handheld software from Cingular, and followed this procedure:
    1.- Open Desktop Manager (V 2.4.1.6)
    2.- Plug the device to PC through USB.
    3.- Open Application Loader
    4.- Reinstall software.

... and the result is always the same: hour glass spinning endlessly.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

So your BB goes through all the steps of an install? The install of the OS itself takes about 10 minutes. After its done you'll get the hourglass for at least 5 minutes while it loads. How long will it stay in that state? You may need a new BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes. The install process is about 10 minutes. After that hourglass is shown for a minute, the divece restars and I get the same behaviour for ever.

Remove the battery. Plug usb into the phone, start the app loaded. Start to install you os, watch it carefully. As so as it goes to restart the phone, replace your battery and let it go from there. If your sure your software is good(it is, right?), and this procedure fails, then it is indeed your bb as DCooksta said. Good luck! Let us know what happens.
    Andy

Schufly, I proceeded as you said but the result is the same. I think I'll have to get another BB. One more question: Can a wrong SIM card make the BB go this wild?

Restart it without the sim card. It's not required to boot up your BB.

And....I am sorry for your loss.....sniff...:cry:
    Andy

I've already restarted with and without SIM card. Anyway. Schufly, DCooksta, thanks for your help guys.

allen4all no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Sacana,

Even I have a 8800 from Cingular and I'm facing a similar problem with endless reboots. Tried reinstalling the OS but it did not help.

Where did you get your handheld from? I got mine from mobilecityonline.com. It was an unlocked unit.

Thanks
    Allen

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I had this issue. There was a process that I learned about through the JL_CMDR program where you pull the battery, plug it into the computer, and run the WIPE command through JL_CMDR.

There are a LOT more detailed instructions for this so this is not the ENTIRE process, but that's the gist.

Good luck. I had an absolute panic attack! I was loading a new OS when I bumped my BB and it got disconnected from the upgrade and killed it until after an hour looking for the right reboot sequence. It was scary, but fixable.

allen4all no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey Woodi. Can you please let me know what those detailed instructions would be. :-)

Thanks
    Allen

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

I had the problem and the fix above worked. In these cases You MUST!!! REMOVE the battery first before beginning your OS reinstall. Plug it into the USB and start using the computers power. Do not replace the battery until it begins to reboot after the OS install is complete or this process will fail and you end up with an expensive brick and have to do it all over again.