For about a week now I am unable to delete messages from my Blackberry 8800 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

GBL
    GBL no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't delete in-box messages on BB 8800

Advertisement

For about a week now I am unable to delete messages from my Blackberry 8800 in-box. Some messages display the normal letter icon, while several show a folder icon. Regardless of the icon, I can't delete any email messages. I've tried several proposed solutions from Stacker threads, including the following:

If you have a message that wont delete no matter what you do try this.
    1. Plug BB into pc
    2. Open Desktop Manager
    3. Click Backup and Restore
    4. Click the Advanced Tab
    5. On the right hand side you will see Device Databases, find Browser Messages, Messages, MMS Messages, PIN Messages, Saved Email Messages and SMS Messages. Hold the control key on your keyboard and left click each one of these that you want to be cleared. The press clear and then press yes to continue.

Prior to clearing all the message databases I tried a backup and restore. I've done multiple battery pulls, and power downs. None of these have worked.

Does anyone have a solution? Super grateful for help from someone who has encountered the same mess. Thanks in advance. GBL

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Can't delete in-box messages on BB 8800

Quote Originally Posted by GBL
    For about a week now I am unable to delete messages from my Blackberry 8800 in-box. Some messages display the normal letter icon, while several show a folder icon. Regardless of the icon, I can't delete any email messages. I've tried several proposed solutions from Stacker threads, including the following:

If you have a message that wont delete no matter what you do try this.
    1. Plug BB into pc
    2. Open Desktop Manager
    3. Click Backup and Restore
    4. Click the Advanced Tab
    5. On the right hand side you will see Device Databases, find Browser Messages, Messages, MMS Messages, PIN Messages, Saved Email Messages and SMS Messages. Hold the control key on your keyboard and left click each one of these that you want to be cleared. The press clear and then press yes to continue.
    Prior to clearing all the message databases I tried a backup and restore. I've done multiple battery pulls, and power downs. None of these have worked.

Does anyone have a solution? Super grateful for help from someone who has encountered the same mess. Thanks in advance. GBL

has an 8800 too but has not encountered this problem with my emails. I am sure someone will be along shortly to help you.

btw, welcome to the stacks!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

GBL

Thanks jgirly2 for the welcome. We have multiple BBs in my group and only a few of the Pearls and 8800s are having this problem. Our tech desk wasn't able to help me solve the problem. I forgot to mention we run BES with Lotus Notes. GBL

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

There are several approaches in an article in the knowledgebase at Blackberry.com for dealing with un-deleteable email.

GBL

Thanks much takeshi. Found the detailed post on Blackberry.com. GBL

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It would be great to post the links you found useful, thanks.

pdavaul no está en línea Stack level 1

Go to Blackberry.com\blackberry techincal solutions Center and run a search on Doc ID : KB11860.