Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone help me.. I have all my contacts (via sync from Outlook) on my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Frostywinter no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Caller ID not working correctly - help..

Advertisement

Can anyone help me..

I have all my contacts (via sync from Outlook) on my 8800 and since I travel overseas abit I have added the + and country code in front of all my contacts phone numbers so while in other countries I dont have to do this manually.

Now when one of these people call me their phone number shows on the BB (so caller ID is working) but it doesnt show the persons name as it should do.

If I remove the + country code from the BB number for a contact and then have them call me it then shows their name..

Am I doing something wrong? Why does adding the + country code stop the caller ID showing the name.

Tks

Frosty

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Caller ID not working correctly - help..

Setting your Smart Dialing Country Code and Area code should take care of this. Open the Phone App/Options and select Smart Dialing to set them.

Welcome to the Stacks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack. Any other questions let us know...

Frostywinter no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey thats got it working

Many tks for your quick acurate response.

Frosty (australia)

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Setting your Smart Dialing Country Code and Area code should take care of this. Open the Phone App/Options and select Smart Dialing to set them.

Welcome to the Stacks.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to pinstack!

pelican7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help. This is the only problem I have so far for my 2-day old BlackBerry 8800.

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Caller ID not working correctly - help..

Follow-on question: Do you have to reset that "Smart Dialing Country Code" setting every time you go to a different country in order to get the caller ID to work?

lgomesrj no está en línea Stack level 1

HI, I have a BB 8320 and my call id doesnt work. I put the correct country code +55 and correct ship area code 021(Rio de Janeiro - Brazil) but when I go home the area code is 024 (I'm roaming). So If I want make a call to other city (in the same state) I need put the "031 area code" and the number.
    Obs: All my numbers in address book begin with (031 area code) after the number ex: 0312199999999.

When I receive a call only the number coming up. But if I remove (in my address book) the three fist numbers (031) I got see the number and the name correctly, but I can't make a call to another place, because 031 is the number of my operator.

ex: If i try to make a call to

RevT no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar problem on my 8830 and I can't quite figure it out. Sometimes the caller ID shows the number, and sometimes it shows the name from the phone book. But the weird thing is that regardless of what showed up as Caller ID, the calls list in the phone app always shows the name. So I know that it *is* recognizing the number at some point, I just can't get it to pick it up at the time of receiving the call.

My smart dialing is set up as per above, but the problem persists. I think that calls from other area codes show as numbers and not names.

Any ideas?

Dusty162 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8300

My BB syncs with my contact list and so I am able to see the contact caller ID. If I receive a call that is not in my contact list the caller ID simply shows the number of the cell phone which is calling me. However, occasionally I receive calls from (Un-known number) does this mean that the caller is blocking their caller ID or could it mean something else? I haven't yet answered a call with caller ID unknown as I suspect it's advertising. Any suggestions?

d'blackberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    RevT: I've had the same problem b/c my area has several area codes--my home, work and mobile have different prefixes and depending on what area I am, depends on whether or not BB recognizes the number when it calls.

What has worked: putting in 1 before EVERY number--regardless of my area code--that helps alleviate the issue since there are 6 area codes in my radius. I noticed that numbers that came in had the 1, would not be recognized. I got 700 numbers! So that's been an on-going list of things to do.

Thought #2: This is my latest fix I'm giving a shot this week. While in your call log, go to options, then smart dialing--it's mentioned in the in 2nd post on this thread. The "help" in BB says to not set your national country code (US for me) to include the prefix. I did, and put in 10, and it seems to help my issue a great deal.

Let me know if someone finds another solution b/c this is driving me crazy...although I'm starting to re-memorize numbers again..like the olden days...

I found this another thread:
    [quote=zakz;649431] "Disable address book content protection.
    Go to options»security settings»genral options»under content protection, u'll see include address book. Choose no. And ur all set."

My problem is that I need my address book protected.

Frosty: I have been hoping for months someone would answer you...but alas, no luck. For the life of me, I still can't get it to work all the time. You think a gadget this fancy would work within one country! (I don't leave the US very often, and I can't even get it work between home and work with in the same state!).

hsudibyo no está en línea Stack level 1
    ljbyar - i have the same problem, and is now gone. Thank youuu

rabidranger no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got have an 8820 I got in january 08. It worked fine until Oct when I broke it. They sent me a new phone. Swapped sim cards and the incoming caller ID stopped working. Tried another new phone last week and the incoming caller ID still does not work. My country code is set to +1 and my area code 586 (michigan). This is driving me nuts. I also tried turning off the content protection like someone mentioned. No dice. Why would it work just fine for 9 months, then stop when swapped to another phone. It HAS TO BE A SETTING right?!?!? I went to an AT&T store and they all looked at me like I was crazy. Until they added a number to the phone and called, and no ID showed, just the numbers. They told me to call tech support... worthless....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast