Hey guys...Just got a new 8830 thru Sprint. First off, love it! Second off, sync'd ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jacobemt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Caller ID not working...

Advertisement

Hey guys...Just got a new 8830 thru Sprint. First off, love it! Second off, sync'd it with Outlook and I have all my contacts in the BB. However, when anybody calls--including those in my contacts--it comes up as unknown name/number. And yes, I have caller ID on my package Does anyone know of a setting or option that might be out of whack? Thanks in advance

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Caller ID not working...

Welcome to the Stacks!

Have you tried doing a battery pull reset? Sometimes when things like that happen, a quick BP reset will cure the ills.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Yep...Tried everything I could think of. I just want to avoid sitting on hold for 2 hours with a Sprint tech member.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Think I read somewhere if you have content protection on and include address book on, this will happen. Anyone else?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Protection is disabled...I'm stuck!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

What is the format of the phone numbers in your address book?

e.g. 1234567890 or 123-456-7890 or (123) 456-7890, etc.?

Try changing ONE to 1234567890 (like say, your home phone number), call your BB, and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't fix the problem, it's one easy thing eliminated. If it does, then I guess the solution depends on the number of contacts you have.

Also check Smart Dialing: Green Phone Button, Menu Key, Options, Smart Dialing. Check that your Country Code, Area Code and National Number Length are correct.

In North America, CC = +1, Area Code = XXX (fill in your area code), and National Number Length = 10.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

UNK NAME/UNK Number does not matter how a contact is stored in the addy book or with content protection. If the it was either of those the number would show without the contacts name.
    It is most likely a network thing. Sprint has been going through some changes with their billing system, maybe this feature was disabled by mistake on the system swithovers. I would call cs and check.