I accidentally uninstalled all of my third party apps yesterday while trying to install a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pbw3172 no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar Loads Slow / Slow Response

Advertisement

I accidentally uninstalled all of my third party apps yesterday while trying to install a new one. In the Application Loader Wizard, I was asked to "Choose the applications that are to be installed or removed from your device." Well since I saw all the apps that were already installed, I unselected them, thus they were removed from my BB.

I have re-installed all of my apps now and they are working fine. However, in agenda view, when I access my calendar, it takes about 15 to 20 seconds for the agenda to display and when I scroll, it moves a bit, stops to think, scrolls more, and stops to think. This is somewhat like a delayed reaction.

I tried taking the battery out, going to the "Advanced" option in the Desktop Manager and deleting the Calendar database hoping it would recreate itself and that didn't help either. Please help.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Regina

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Calendar Loads Slow / Slow Response

Curious, I have never seen this problem come up. How many apps did you reload?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

pbw3172 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Calendar Loads Slow / Slow Response

I installed one new app. I had 6 third party apps on there already that were working fine before all this happened.

Update: I called Sprint and they had me reinstall the operating system and it's still not functioning right. When I turn the phone off, take the battery out, then put it back and turn back on, I get the following error when the phone gets to the application page:

Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointer Exception

Not sure what this means and am so frustrated. I'm thinking that I will have to escalate this to RIM since Sprint BB Support doesn't seem to have a clue.

Regina
    Last edited by pbw3172; 10-13-2007 at 11:04 AM.