Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by lak611 What country are you in, and what provider are you looking ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

okeee no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    What country are you in, and what provider are you looking to use? We would probably be able to help you further if we know more information.
    netherlands. im not looking for a particular provider, just the cheapest, but also without too many customer complaints.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    It looks like your choices are KPN, Vodafone, and T-Mobile. Good luck.

It looks like your choices are KPN, Vodafone, and T-Mobile. Good luck.
    ok thanks, yes these are the more expensive subscriptions, and t-mobile has lots of comlains. so thats why i wanted to know, if i could use blackberry with a normal mobile/internet subscription, instead of a BIS subsription. I just want internet, not the blackberry services.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Most likely not. Some providers, especially those in Canada, offer "social plans" that allow use of BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, Instant Messaging", but those plans do not include Internet browsing. The BIS plan is almost always required to use the browser when not connected to Wi-Fi. Also, AppWorld will not work without BIS.

Most likely not. Some providers, especially those in Canada, offer "social plans" that allow use of BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, Instant Messaging", but those plans do not include Internet browsing. The BIS plan is almost always required to use the browser when not connected to Wi-Fi. Also, AppWorld will not work without BIS.
    I'm looking for a new blackberry 8820. This model specifically, not another model. Since its an older model, where could I get this phone except at ebay?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by okeee View Post
    I'm looking for a new blackberry 8820. This model specifically, not another model. Since its an older model, where could I get this phone except at ebay?
    Craigslist is available in Amsterdam/Randstad. However, folks who sell on Craigslist would be selling used devices. The advantage is that since it is local, you could arrange to meet that seller at your provider's store, make sure that the IMEI is clean (not a device reported lost or stolen) and that the device works. No money would be exchanged until the provider and you verify that the device is good.

Craigslist is available in Amsterdam/Randstad. However, folks who sell on Craigslist would be selling used devices. The advantage is that since it is local, you could arrange to meet that seller at your provider's store, make sure that the IMEI is clean (not a device reported lost or stolen) and that the device works. No money would be exchanged until the provider and you verify that the device is good.
    thanks, i tried it but no results. is there anything similar to ebay, or maybe some internet shop? i dont mind if it is international handling.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by okeee View Post
    thanks, i tried it but no results. is there anything similar to ebay, or maybe some internet shop? i dont mind if it is international handling.
    I'm sorry that I do not know of any other sites. I am in the USA, and I am not familiar with anything else beside eBay or Craigslist in Europe.

If I were to order myself, I would not order a smartphone from an overseas seller, since I would be concerned about shipping and also returning it if something were wrong. So I would not recommend someone in Europe purchasing from a store in the USA either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12