I don't know why, but whenever I open up calendar ( I have it default ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB

built in calendar question/problem

Advertisement

I don't know why, but whenever I open up calendar ( I have it default to agenda view ), it comes up displaying stuff that are back in August.

What can I do to have the Calendar come up directly on today's date ?

Thanks
    floyd
    </SPAN>

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Re: built in calendar question/problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not trying to insult but is your date right? If it is then I don't know. Battery pull perhaps.

PIN/ID
    242219FB

No insult, but yup, the date is correct.

PIN/ID
    242219FB

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not trying to insult but is your date right? If it is then I don't know. Battery pull perhaps.
    I did the battery pull, same thing. Plus, even if I hit menu and options and go-to-date, today's date shows up on the option box, and I hit OK and it still doesn't go to today's date.

Even if I select month view, it views August 2007, and if I scroll down to today, select it, then say show day, it still shows august.

I am beginning to think I have a bug or something screwy in my OS.
    I have no other calendar type programs on my device. Just an eval copy of Mobylo Alarm.

Any expert opinons here ??

Thanks,

PIN/ID
    242219FB

I made a workaround for the issue. I don't particularly like it, but it may spark some ideas.
    It seems that the calendar won't go to a day that has no meetings scheduled. I don't know why it defaults to August 10th 2007, but what I did was to create a daily recurring appointment that lasts 1 minute, with no reminders that just says 'today'.
    Now, when I open the calendar it automatically will go to today.

As I said, that seems like a cheesy workaround, that takes up memory, but it's all I have for now. :-(

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

This seems to be a known bug in 4.2. If you select other than Agenda for the initial view (and really close when you're done)the problem goes away. I've also read that if you set 'show free time in agenda' to yes it may fix it. This does not work for me though. Hope this helps~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242219FB

Quote Originally Posted by huracan View Post
    This seems to be a known bug in 4.2. If you select other than Agenda for the initial view (and really close when you're done)the problem goes away. I've also read that if you set 'show free time in agenda' to yes it may fix it. This does not work for me though. Hope this helps~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks !
    The first thing didn't work, but setting free time to yes worked.
    However, I like my fix better than that, because that way, I only have one extra entry per day in my agenda view. Showing free time seems to mess up the view a lot more.

I guess I have to live with it until they fix it, but it's nice to know the cause at least.

Thanks again.