The mini USB port on my 8800 has broken, the small plastic center piece is ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tmelhuish794 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Broken Mini USB Port

Advertisement

The mini USB port on my 8800 has broken, the small plastic center piece is loose and when a plug is inserted no conection is made.

Is this component easy/possible to change myself? Are there any ideas on where I might find instructions to carry out this kind of replacement?

Does anybody have any recommendations on somewhere I can get this problem fixed professionaly in Sydney, AU?

Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I did the exact same thing to a TMobile USA 7105t almost 2 years ago. Tried every wall, PC and car charger in my possession but nothing worked. Had to send it back for an exchange to a new unit.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Not sure if www.bbrepairshop.com serves your part of the world.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Not too awake over here LOL Forgot to say that if you're still under your 30 day grace period take it back and exchange it. If not, call Customer Service and ask for a replacement to be sent to you. I did that and when I sent that particular unit back, I got slapped with a $100 USD out of warranty fee. Still ticked about it 2 years later LOL

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It's not easy replacing a USB port on a BB. I had a damaged USB port on my BB pearl. I ordered the part and did it myself, but I won't recommend doing it unless your good soldering small parts. You can damage the whole thing if you don't know what your doing. Like the other posts suggested, try replacing it through your carrier or use a BB repair shop online.

Romeontic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24185AE5

Thumbs up fix your problem

mine its broken as well the usb mini port in this models are to weak.......so i just bougth a BlackBerry Charging Pod its very easy to use check it out here and its to cheap......but maybe you need a data transfer???? use the blueetoth........i'll keep doing this until my phone dies completly.....

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?p...19283&cat=2248