Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by janie215 Can you tell me more about the Storm? In my opinion ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Can you tell me more about the Storm?
    In my opinion there is too little accurate info yet. I noticed in your recent post you said "my 8820" did you upgrade already, choosing the 8820 instead of waiting for a Bold? Just curious....
    Hey, they're all good.

Cheers

aingaran no está en línea Stack level 2
    Had the Bold and the 8800.. Bold obviously has the 3G connection.. Other than, I don't see anything that is overly impressive. It feels like a plastic toy while the 8800s look like an adults phone.

Quote Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
    Had the Bold and the 8800.. I don't see anything that is overly impressive. It feels like a plastic toy while the 8800s look like an adults phone.
    Wow! These are the first comments I've read suggesting the Bold is cheaply built, or just cheap looking / feeling. I'm not challenging you, but rather I'm very interested in what more you have to say. Since I cannot speak from experience, having not had a Bold in my hands yet, I would like to hear more of your impressions.

Thanks

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Ive had my 8820 a while now and its great, no problems at all but have the option of upgrading (free) to the Bold next month. Ive looked at the Bold in the Orange store (UK) and it looks fine, maybe a little bit on the big side, but thats the only criticism that I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Ive looked at the Bold in the Orange store (UK) and it looks fine, maybe a little bit on the big side
    I've always found it fascinating how styling can make anything like a phone or car or whatever, appear either larger or smaller than it really is. The Bold is a perfect example as it's exactly the same size as the 8820.

Check out this: Bold vs 8820

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am looking forward to replacing my 8820 with the Bold. I've held one at interop/nyc and its all around very nice. I'll upgrade for the superior resolution, camera and memory!

It might me more fragile.... ;-)

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    dont get me wrong, I love the bold and i will be getting one; however im gunna wait till the 2nd gen comes out, hopefully they will have better features and worked out some of the problems, which there is not much cause it s BB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Oh, and did I forget to mention the side loaded card reader, mem sd compatibility and true 3G speed! ;-)
    Last edited by guruleenyc; 09-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.

I doubt you'll see a "2nd gen". anytime in the near future. RIM is polishes it quite well before releasing any of their models. Besides, we've waiting too long for this model already...!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I love my 88XX phone. But I would venture to say the 8800 series will be dropping in price here when the 9000 series gets released. So definatlely go use both in the store before you buy.

Can't loose with either, both are/will be great phones.

Quote Originally Posted by guruleenyc View Post
    I doubt you'll see a "2nd gen". anytime in the near future. RIM is polishes it quite well before releasing any of their models.
    I concur, this will be one very well de-bugged BlackBerry Model, from day one.

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Wow! I had no idea the 8820 and the Bold are the same size - it just goes to show you how deceiving looks can be! I even held it in my hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12