Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ive got the option to upgrade my phone from the 8820 to the Bold. What ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

Bold or 8820?

Advertisement

Ive got the option to upgrade my phone from the 8820 to the Bold.

What should I do? Ive tried comparing the 2 on the blackberry website but my 8820 comes out better in things like battery life, talk time etc.

Help!

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    There's subtle differences in the keyboard (it's much easier to type on the Bold).
    Browsing over 3G is wickedly fast (of course, performance will vary depending on how congested the base station is that you're on).
    The display is beautiful (still get a lot of people asking me to play one of the video clips I've converted...or the BBC nature clips I've downloaded).
    You pay for the pluses with your battery life (but, that's to be expected..)

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Thanks for that, its helped alot. I think the Bold may be the way to go. I dont find the 8820 particularly easy to type on, keys very close together

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Bold!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Cheers? What would your reasons be? just curious.

p8ntballa no está en línea Stack level 2
    It all depends on what you want. The bold is more of a multimedia device to play movies on etc. If you don't need it for work than the 8820 is a fantastic machine. I will most likely end up upgrading

jmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    With all the delays and bugs of the bold, I would stay with the 8820 for a lil while. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would say the Bold

Some stacker's need to understand that even though they are looking at advertisement of only the Multimedia aspect of the Bold, it is a power house for the business aspect as well. The Bold runs and processes attachments and apps faster than the other blackberries; even on a EDGE network it runs fast.

To sell the phone to more customers they advertise the multimedia capability of the phone.RIM wants to sell their product to a wider crowd to make more money. A lot of these kids out their that doesn't even know what RIM stand for are running around with Blackberries. Noticed since the pearl hit the market with it MP3. camera, and polyphonic ring tones more people has a blackberries today than back in 2004. Majority of the cell phone users want to be able to take pictures, record videos, stream videos and HTML emails plus real time web browsing. That's why they are point toward those aspect more than the other.

For example: With me; the only thing that stopped me from buying the Iphone is because it didn't offer any business aspect to it. I loved it not just because I view HTML emails and there is real time web browsing on it; it's because after a long day of meetings and having been able not to answer my phone. I can go home sit on the couch and pick which voice mail to listen to and not all 20 of them. If the bold offer that feature then as well; then I will go camp out at the store for it instead of just waiting until everyone gets theirs.

And when it all come down to it; P8ntballa is wright. It depends on what you want.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    I must admit, I use my phone for browsing the internet, facebook, ebay, e mails - oh yes and of course making phone calls.

If the bold makes this process quicker then the bold it is.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Unless one has a serious _need_ to get a new BlackBerry now, I suggest waiting for the Bold.
    The bottom line from my perspective is they (RIM & AT&T) will bring the Bold to market asap, as both have too much to lose to let the release date drag on much longer. Then, once the Bold is offered for sale, we will have all forgotten the wait & rush to buy this new milestone, the BlackBerry Bold. That will be _the_ smartphone to own. It's simply a quantum leap above everything else...period.

sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

p8ntballa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the props.
    Also you have to comprehend the amout of power which 3G uses. I used to have a blackjack 1 with windows mobile 6.1 fully baked. I could change the bandwhich between automatic (uses 3G whenever possible) basic edge,G network, and 3G. With the extended battery pack and and edge I could heavily talk text and surf the web for almost a day and a half. With the 3G I barely had 3/4 of a day.while the speed is nice even iphone users are feeling the heat of 3G. Prob the best phone I had when it came to 3G power usage was my 8528 and that had a battery much larger than my blackjack with the extended battery. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Think this is a valid point - my 8820 goes forever, the battery life is just brilliant. I do understand though that you have to compensate for the extra power of the bold.

jsenn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2491D393
    I say go with the Bold unless you can wait for the Storm...

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Can you tell me more about the Storm?

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Bold of course lol...no questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast