I'm trying to establish a connection between my 8800 and a new Dell Lat D420. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Paperboy2007 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth Sync between 8800 and Computer

Advertisement

I'm trying to establish a connection between my 8800 and a new Dell Lat D420. I can get them to connect, but it asks for a code to authorize. Is that a computer specific code, or do I need to find that in the 8800 documentation??

Thanks,

Doug

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Bluetooth Sync between 8800 and Computer

That depends on which device you're pairing to which. Every BT device has its own code for pairing. Though most are usually just 0000.

Does it matter if I pair the 8800 to the Latitude, or vice versa? Is one more secure, I don't understand why it would matter which one I pair to the other? I just want to wirelessly sync my 8800 to outlook.

If, for arguments sake, I pair my 8800 to the computer, would that mean that I need to know the computer's pairing code? If so, then I'll pair the computer to the 8800 if someone know the correct code for the 8800 to do it in that manner...

Thanks,
    Doug

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17

just use 0000 as your code for either one. Should work fine.

I've gotten my computer to recognize the bbry and vice versa, but they're not 'talking' to each other. I called Dell, many times since no one knows anything there (one guy didn't know what a blackberry was), and they were no help. For some reason, my computer is trying to use the bbry as a dial up connection now. All I want to do is have it sync wirelessly (through BT) to Outlook.

Has anyone accomplished this? Is there a special trick?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

marcne no está en línea Stack level 1

Activate bluetooth in the 8800 in the antena icon.

In the PC: You shall go to control panel/Bluetooth devices. once there be sure that the Bluetooth of the computer is connected.

On the BB Desktop Manager go to Options/Conection configuration. Select bluetooth in the first unfolding menu. Be sure that the two checkmarks below this are marked. Then push "configurate bluetooth" button on the right. Click agregate button and select your device.

Then a code will be asked in both devices... it's not a default code or something that you shall keep in your memory. It's just asked for this case an you shall introduce in both devices when prompted to do so.

Then when everything is settled you can set options for the device in the BB so everytime will connect withouth password request.

I hope this will help.

regards
    Marc
    p.s.: maybe the commands are not exactly the same as I have the spanish version and I tried to do the best possible translation but I may not be exatly the same commands name