Ok, I've been playing around with my 8800, ya know, still trying to get used ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

t_digg no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth Problems?

Advertisement

Ok, I've been playing around with my 8800, ya know, still trying to get used to it. So I decided to tinker with the bluetooth and see what I could transfer to another phone. Well, I found out I could transfer nothing. . . I'm not sure whats going on, I can connect to another phone, I can start to transferring to another phone (but the found out that whatever format the file was in was not supporter on that phone) and so when I tried to recieve a file, an error comes up "Service not Available". And this has nothing to do with the signal the phone is getting, but rather to something else thats going on. Is it possible that I CAN'T transfer files from one phone to another?? I know I can look at the services offered under the bluetooth options and it says nothing about sending/recieving files....and least not specifically. Does it matter what types of phone as long as the other person has bluetooth enabled? Like could my 8800 connect to my buddies motorolla razr? I don't see why not. Set me straight people, lol. Sorry that this turned into a rant, but there are plenty of questions that need answered.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Re: Bluetooth Problems?

t_digg,

I believe that with blackberry 8100 & 8800 devices the only way you can transfer files to and from the device is with the Blackberry desktop manager and a bluetooth or USB connection. I tried to borrow some ring tones from a friends Nokia and could find no way to do it other than via a PC. We ended up sending files via email for two phones in the same room ??

If anyone know different please tell us how

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

You can send files between bluetooth enabled devices. Have a look through this thread, just make sure you are in the correct folder that you wish the file to go.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...th_8100_a.html
    Last edited by gazar; 06-01-2007 at 05:00 AM.

jock no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B40B0

Gazar,

Thanks for this, tried it and works no problems. One day I'll discover where all the options in all the menus are. I looked in the 242 page 8100 user guide and there is no mention of bluetooth file transfer

Thanks again