Is it possible to stream music from my 8800 to bluetooth headphones? Who makes good ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Bluetooth headphoes and BB8800

Advertisement

Is it possible to stream music from my 8800 to bluetooth headphones? Who makes good ones?
    Andy

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Bluetooth headphoes and BB8800

The 8800's do not have the bluetooth profile to support this. As I understand it - the Curve does.

Motorola makes a nice pair of bluetooth stereo headphones (approx $100USD) that are light. Model is the MOTOROKR S9. More info is available at http://direct.motorola.com/ens/s9/Headset_Home.asp.

HTH,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly
    Is it possible to stream music from my 8800 to bluetooth headphones? Who makes good ones?

HughH no está en línea Stack level 1

I picked up an S9 today at Best Buy and discovered this after about 10 minutes. When you use it with the phone, you only get sound through the left earbud as well. It's going back tomorrow. I did buy a dongle from Bberry.com that adapts the 8800's 2.5mm headphone jack to the more mainstream 3.5mm size and that at least lets me use my Headbanger amp and decent headphones for music. It would be nice to find an app that allowed you to play FLAC or Monkey's Audio files though. MP3s suck. Even high bitrate ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you buy a Bluetooth dongle that fits the headphone jack to use with wireless headsets? And is it possible to have the 8800's Bluetooth upgraed somehow to support audio output via a firmware upgrade?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You can buy a 2.5 to BT adaptor but it won't change the capabilities of the unit. That adaptor transmits in mono and is designed to be used on phones that do not have bt built in.

Zo.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by HughH
    And is it possible to have the 8800's Bluetooth upgraed somehow to support audio output via a firmware upgrade?
    Probably. As soon as RIM gets around to it. And a carrier releases the update.