I have deleted my ex-boyfriend from my blackberry messenger list but he keeps popping back ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Alessia90 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Messenger automatically accepts deleted contacts

Advertisement

I have deleted my ex-boyfriend from my blackberry messenger list but he keeps popping back on my list without me accepting him. How do i fix this??? Did he hack into my phone?

megabite no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ping
    Normally if you delete someone from your phone, the other person could sitll have you added in there phone (it doesn’t happen both ways.) BBM assumes that all contacts you have in your list are trusted friends.

You might have to look in swapping your phone if you want him to really stop bugging, unless someone has a different way.

Sorry.
    ___
    SFC. Megabite

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    not sure if it will work. But you can set the "ask a password when adding contacts" to yes. If they don't have the password you set, they can't be added.

At least I think thats how it works. Give it a try, can't hurt!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    That might work. However question still remains... What's up with him, doesn't he realizes that is over? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessia90 View Post
    I have deleted my ex-boyfriend from my blackberry messenger list but he keeps popping back on my list without me accepting him. How do i fix this??? Did he hack into my phone?
    just block him.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don't think you can block anyone on BBMessenger.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don't think you can block anyone on BBMessenger.
    sorry...i was thinkin she was talkin about msn messenger.

smith.brandon.n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21950D36
    When you delete a contact from bbm, it sends data to that contacts phone to remove you from their contact list. Is it possible that when you deleted him, you didn't have phone reception?
    Pin: 21950D36

What about asking him to delete you? Tell him to get over you and move on.. I don't know how to solve that problem technically.. Only solution would be talking to the guy. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    I could have my cousin vinny pay him a visit... For real though when you delete him then you should have been deleted off his messenger. Plus a person cant be added to your list without you accepting, so thats wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    I could have my cousin vinny pay him a visit... For real though when you delete him then you should have been deleted off his messenger. Plus a person cant be added to your list without you accepting, so thats wierd.
    Sending your cousin vinny, hahaha great solution. Well come to think about it.. If your cousin vinny just accidentally beaks his BB problem solved.

Alessia90 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hahaha you guys are too funny. I am able to delete everyone else and they are unable to show up on my list unless I accept them. Good idea, I should break his BB. Worst case scenario i'll just get a new bb. Sucks but I have no choice

313 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabite View Post
    Normally if you delete someone from your phone, the other person could sitll have you added in there phone (it doesn’t happen both ways.) BBM assumes that all contacts you have in your list are trusted friends.

You might have to look in swapping your phone if you want him to really stop bugging, unless someone has a different way.

Sorry.
    i hate when RIM think "BBM assumes that all contacts you have in your list are trusted friends"

for example I buy Alessia90's phone, so her bf will be added to my contact list on BBM also? hey, i'm the new owner of that handheld, not hers anymore. why her bf is consider as "my trusted friends"?
    RIM should fix this problem.

mscookie2201 no está en línea Stack level 1

Back up file?

Quote Originally Posted by Alessia90 View Post

Maybe he has a backup file with ur pin on it...U know when you restore a backup file that you've made on Blackberry Desktop manager? Well if he had a backup file where ur pin was still part of his contact list, everytime he restores the list u'll pop back up on his list and he will pop back up on yours!

Crafty bugger!! x