I own a BB 8800. I'm invloved in the beta testing of Pocket Informant for ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

nucmanchh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20671BF5

Blackberry inadvertently wiped clean

Advertisement

I own a BB 8800. I'm invloved in the beta testing of Pocket Informant for Blackberry. I was removing the old Pocket Informant file so I could download a new beta release. I synched via the desktop manager and noticed a number of files added for to loading. it took a good while to accomplish this (I assumed it was adding files because the message said 'updating').

But in the end my BB was wiped clean (OS and all data) I had a backup file and attempted to 'restore' but the restore option was dithered out. I went into the advance section of backup/restore on the DM and added the .IPD backup but could not restore. The message said all files in the backup were configured for wireless synch. What the h--- is going on with that??

So anyone got any ideas how I might restore?

thanks

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I believe you have to reinstall the OS to your phone manually...not by restoring a backup.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

nucmanchh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20671BF5
    Anyone have a link for ver 4.2 OS for Cingular BB 8800? All I can find is an upgrade. If downloaded the only choices are 'repair' or 'remove.'

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    check their website and go to support for your phone...there should be a link there
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Keyscan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nucmanchh View Post
    Anyone have a link for ver 4.2 OS for Cingular BB 8800? All I can find is an upgrade. If downloaded the only choices are 'repair' or 'remove.'
    So when you download the software and try to install, it asks you to repair, or remove?

That means the software is already on your computer. You have the latest handheld software already installed on your machine.