Well after a while of messing around with my phone and me being a person ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry GPS Advantages

Advertisement

Well after a while of messing around with my phone and me being a person who cannot just let me phone work regularly. I went ahead and ran some tests on it with the GPS and Blackberry Maps. Sure I have tried the Telenavs and Garmin. I love Garmin over Telenavs, just a preference however when I try and download it, it says your device is not supported at this moment. Sure I have the 8820 and found out that Handango has it available to download via OTA and would allow me to, however I ran some tests on the GPS.

Well let me tell you that Blackberry Maps is very accurate in the SPEED factor. I have noticed that even with various applications that not all the maps find addresses that have been updated. Maps is one of them. I have the new version on there and will see how that works though. I am using version 1.2.26 and quiet honestly I like it a lot, sometimes I do not get the map I want or it will not find the address.

Secondly I figured out a little trick that may save many of us in those hard to prove times. What am I referring to you may ask ? Speeding tickets. I am currently researching to see if any application can let us track our speed and times. What good will this do to us ? A lot I may tell you, proving you were not speeding and proving you did stop at a stop sign can save you money.

I am still working on getting the energy to look it up. lol. I will look for it and post results here. Its just an Idea that I came up with to even track our daily lives. I have seen the tracking tools that let us trace our steps and can be almost certain that I have heard of one that tracks miles. However one that tracks speed at a specific time seems more complicated as a log file would be big. Well I hope someone pays attention to my findings as this can be helpful to some speeders.

gmcc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have used "BB Tracker" to keep track of speed, time and distance. It worked fine when I accidently left my 8820 in the Corvette when my son took the car to his senior prom.

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2
    gmcc-

Well, how fast did he get her up to?
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB Tracker didn't seem to work all that well for me.. I had gps, but no speed trap alerts and no red light camera alerts. Maybe I'm not using it correctly.

67Mustang no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can try several different GPS applications at www.onlyblackberrygps.com

Enjoy!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rob0289 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcc View Post
    I have used "BB Tracker" to keep track of speed, time and distance. It worked fine when I accidently left my 8820 in the Corvette when my son took the car to his senior prom.
    i wanna know how fast he got that car up to?????

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm guessing gmcc is unable to reply to our question on how fast his son got her up to.. Probably because he's busy bailing his son from jail for excessive speeding.
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.