I have 8830 that I got from work. We are using the Enterprise Server Software ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

gary21723 no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Desktop Software

Advertisement

I have 8830 that I got from work. We are using the Enterprise Server Software at work. I would like to install the desktop software at home so that I can use it to get files such as downloads from my PC to my phone however, I am seeing the options listed such as

BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
    OR
    BlackBerry Internet Service

I am not sure which to choose and I sure dont want to mess up any setting that work gave me. Can anyone offer up any information on which of the two above options I should go with?

Our admin said that he had done it using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option however he has to go into option on his phone and turn off the wirless feature as well as the wireless sync or something... I will be looking into it.

regards,

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software

First, I assume you mean you want to transfer files to/from your BlackBerry's SD card. If that's the case I'd strongly recommend just downloading and installing the BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers (English), and then just use Mass Storage Mode whereby your SD card will look like a disk drive on your computer. Go here, and select BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.3 from the drop down list - the English drivers are (currently) second from the last item in the resulting list.

Desktop Manager - and even more so Media Manager - are overkill for just file copy operations. I don't like Media Manager at all - it is very invasive and I've had problems with it on systems with other Roxio products installed, and Vista HATES it!

All that said, if you insist on using Desktop Manager, select BlackBerry Internet Service. That will allow you to use Desktop Manager without tampering with your BES setup.
    JerryD

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

I coudn't agree more, roxio programs are not the best one out there

gary21723 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help I will take your advice as I am currently running Vista and dont look forward to any issues. I am currently downloading the drivers.

It has added the removable storage as drive F: however when I click to open it says:
    Please insert a disk into removable disk F:

if I r click and select explore it does open up however I cannot see the folders in memmory:
    ringtones
    music
    pictures
    videos

I will have to do some research in the mean time if you can let me know if you have ran into this as well.

Regards,

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

You need to format the SD card on your BlackBerry. With the SD card in the BlackBerry (and the BlackBerry NOT connected to your computer), go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card, Click the Menu button and select Format Card.

Once formatted, make sure have Mass Storage Mode Support set to On, and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to either Yes or Prompt.
    JerryD

jvduval no está en línea Stack level 1

that did the trick for me....