I am an IT help desk assistant for the company that I work for and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

CharsWigg no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry and outlook?

Advertisement

I am an IT help desk assistant for the company that I work for and the CEO of the company has been having problems with her emails deleting themselves in outlook at the end of each business day. She notices that her emails have been moved to the deleted folder in her outlook the next day as she logs in to check her mail as she does each morning. This problem has been plaguing her outlook profile for the past several weeks and I have exhuasted all the options I have as to find a fix for this problem. The problem points to her blackberry 8800 as she has not had this problem in the past with her older blackberry and it wasnt until she upgraded to the 8800 and we setup her blackberry to recieve emails from our server that she has started having this problem. I have hired IT contractors to look at the problem as I thought the server was the culprit and that wasn't the issue. I have setup her profile on a different cpu to rule out a computer problem that wasn't the issue. I have had the contractors look at her cpu numerous of times to rule out outlook to becoming the problem that wasn't the issue. So the problem points to the blackerry and I am looking to find a fix for this problem as it is embarassing to myself and my director whom is the head of our IT division and the problem has gotten to the point where I almost feel like an incompotent clown as I have yet to solve this issue that has been a thorn in my backside for the past few weeks. So I have registered to this forum with the hopes of someone helping me resolve this matter. Please advise and help a fellow customer solve a minor problem that seems to be esclating to something larger. If you need further information to help resolve the issue please post in this thread as it will help keep things organize.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Blackberry and outlook?

In the email client on the handheld go to options and then click on Email Reconciliation. Make sure that "Delete On" is set to hand held only. This might be the problem.

Ok I will try that and see if it works if not you will see me post on this forum again. Thanks for the help

mcaram16 no está en línea Stack level 2

Having it set to "Handheld Only" will not do anything with Outlook. Setting it to Handheld Only does exactly what it says, deletes it the handheld. It will not have any affect on Outlook. (I've had my BB set on that for about 2 years now and I use Outlook as well, and never had a problem). The problem seems to lie in Outlook. Do you have any rules setup by chance that makes all of her emails go directly to the trash?? That seems to be the logical place to look, somewhere in Outlook.

graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3

Not exactly a solution, just wondering.
    If, seemingly, all efforts to isolate any issues localized to the MS Outlook client on
    the PC have been exhausted, by any chance were Blackberry Support personnel
    contacted on the issue?

Also, is email on BES or BIS?
    If BES, any policy that might be causing such behavior?
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>

domjon84 no está en línea Stack level 2

It seems to me that the issue is not in outlook unless you are using BES. The issue is on the device. When she deletes the emails from her handheld they will automatically delete from the inbox when the application starts. I personally have my device set to that preference because when I delete and email from my device I dont want to view it when I get back to my desk. Also you may want to consider that I am on the BES and my outlook is configured from the companies IT policy.
    Dominick R. Jones
    ALLTEL
    WC
    Domjon84@yahoo.com

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If the problem persists after adjusting the Delete On setting on the BB (if she's on BES) then have you tried deleting and recreating her Outlook profile? Unless she has a lot of PST's this should be a pretty quick thing to try.

I have tried what you guys recommended and I don't believe that is going to be the fix to my problem but I am going to open a ticket with cingular for like the 10 thousandeth time and see what they will say.

Thanks for the help