Hello I would like to ask for help some advanced users of BIS/ BB 8800 ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rugby no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry abroad

Advertisement

Hello

I would like to ask for help some advanced users of BIS/ BB 8800 device. I m traveling across Europe. I bought my device in Czek republic with BIS service and wap/internet service at my sim card. I downloaded all the service books for wap/internet and this service was fully working in Czek rep. When I moved to Slovakia, I changed simcard to Slovakian with BIS / blackberry.net, because of high roaming taxes, but all the service books/internet/wap are lost from device. I can not registrate at balckberry.orange.sk beacause of previous registration in Czek rep. When I m trying to download service books directly form device, it does not work. Could anyone hepl. me? Do I need service books from Orange Slovakia, or how els can I get them to device? thanks.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: Blackberry abroad

Welcome to Pinstack rugby! I think your PIN should be released from your previous provider, that way you can set it up with your new provider. You would have to set it up again. Please let us know if it works.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Hi Dasher. Thats what I was thinking about. I dont know technical spicificiation of service books principle. Is it neccesarry to download new SB, when I change operator and sim? It is not possible by device nor by blackberry.orange.sk.

And in wich moment should be my pin released from previous operator. Do I have to ask him for it? After they will do so, it will be possible to dw SB both from device and web page? Thanks.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you use BIS and you change carriers you must have your BIS account deleted by the previous carrier before you can associate a BIS account with your new carrier with your BB. Your BB can only be associated with one BIS account at a time. Closing your wireless account does not mean that your former BIS account was deleted so be sure to specifically request that they do this.

Thanks boys, your advice was right. And one more question, according to device dependent service principle by BIS, what to do if my device is stolen? Can someone else with BIS at his simcard use my device and have an acess to my mail? Do I have to block it at my operator call center? thanks.