Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sorry if this is a stupid question but after reading all about the 8820 and ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Re: Blackberry 8820 (w/ WIFI) Feature comparison & Launch dates.

Advertisement

Sorry if this is a stupid question but after reading all about the 8820 and the 8320, what are the differences again? Is it all speculation at this point? Are both going to have a camera, gps and wifi? Do we have any idea when either of these models are coming to TMO usa? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

jimmyxx no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Blackberry 8820 (w/ WIFI) Feature comparison & Launch dates.

Hey Guys, I'm currently a vodafone UK user, I'm currently using a Sony Ericsson M600i phone (don't beat me up!), its decent, doesn't support wifi but has a yummy 3G connection. The main problem with it is it costs me a fortune to have my emails picked up every hour.

I'm looking at moving to T-mobile with their web'n'walk package meaning i can enjoy unlimited internet for Ł7.50 a month. When going through the available handsets i cam across the blackberry phones and checked out the BB website, the 8800 looked gorgeous and seemed to be the perfect solution for me. Plus i've always fancied a BB handset. I'm a web developer so want access to the internet, i want to get my emails on my phone and i want to be able to stay connected to my gtalk account all the time. This all seems possible with the 8800!

As my current M600i handset doesn't support wifi so i dont really know what im missing, i can't imagine why i would need that if i have an unlimited data package with my network provider? How come everyone is raving about wireless? For me the only 2 wireless areas i have access to is home and work for which i have a desktop computer there anyway.

The one feature which im seriously going to miss is taking a step backward to a none-3G handset. Do you tihnk the 8800 sounds like a good choice for me or should i also wait for the 8820?

salaryman no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm getting the BB 8800 by T-Mobile on April 23rd. Not too picky about having wifi and camera as the main features I'm looking for are the classic BB push email for 7 of my business accounts, slick looking device, and media player for some of my music and videos. As for the 8820, there's always going to be a new device. The 8800 will be my first Blackberry. Really looking forward to it...

JayceeBBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2fc08

once they add a cam and video recorder i am going to up grade to the 8800
    DJayCee (((( Spin Doc )))) Mr.Exclusive

arush no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Honestly i think the wifi chipset is in the phone..... Its just disabled. I know there are plenty of carrier branded phones that had certain features disabled but could be activated..... Just like the theme unlocking, you can unlocked the wifi.

It just doesnt make since to have two different rf boards in the same form factor.
    you're 100% on the mark, mate. This is common practice in the telecoms industry.

capitalist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA5CD0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the 8800 recommend it.will not be buying the 8820.nonetheless,this post is quite informative hayden

daycrawler no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ABoy no está en línea Stack level 1

I am testing the 8820 for AT&T. It has both: WiFi and GPS

fbriceno97 Guest

have to get one!!

banannalouise no está en línea Stack level 1

I read the feature comparison, but there's nothing on it about a camera on the 8820. Does anyone know if the 8820 will have one?? If it does have it on top of everything else, I'm SO there! It'll then have EVERY sort of portable device I want or need, rolled into one!

Traknologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F916AF
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628
    WIFI and video capture is what the next BB I purchase must have!
    Amen, and add usb support for external hard drives or other compatible devises(put your own here) and we'll be in bb heaven.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ABoy
    I am testing the 8820 for AT&T. It has both: WiFi and GPS

Does it look as "Chrome" as pictures on some sites show? How is it with fingerprints? Magnet?
    Anything else you can add, since your testing?

ABoy no está en línea Stack level 1

The 8820 is black and chrome on the sides. I miss the tracking wheel on the side

vansam no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there. New here and on the brink of diving into the lackberry "pool". Want the GPS bad but would prefer to wait for the WiFi 8820. It's une already!! Anyone know when Rogers (Canada) will be coming out with the 8820. It seems they are just starting to push the marketing for the 8800.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I feel you pain. I just bought a Pearl because I was tired of waiting for the wifi enabled 8800. If the 8820 or 8830 doesn't come out soon, I'm going to be sporting a Pearl and an iPod.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast